The Quality Management Office (QMO) works with the line organizations in the development and delivery of programs, activities and services that integrate quality assurance, environmental, and safety management principles throughout the Laboratory.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generation, implementation, and maintenance of QA systems and procedures, including design control, process control, discrepancy reporting, calibration, and receiving inspection.
- Will specify, flow down, and enforce supplier quality requirements, perform pre-award surveys and surveillances, and ensure corrective actions are taken as needed.
- Will review work packages for appropriate application of quality assurance actions.
- Will perform internal QA assessments and provide support for external assessments.
- Will perform or support causal analysis of events and issues.
- Will perform or support corrective and preventive action development and implementation.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS in a relevant technical field
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible, QA related experience
- Experience in an engineering and manufacturing/construction environment
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- ability to provide high quality reports and presentations
- excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of scientific, engineering, technical, and operational staff
- working knowledge of QA systems and implementation, as well as engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
- Familiarity with procurement processes and experience dealing with suppliers is required.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) membership
- ASQ Certifications – CQ Engineer, CQ Auditor, CQ Quality Manager
- Other professional memberships and certifications
Candidate must be willing to work in the field in a construction environment. The position reports to the Quality Management Office but will be matrixed to the Environment, Safety & Health Directorate via a Service Level Agreement (SLA) and will maintain an effective interface with the QMO.
The successful candidate will be placed at the P-7 or P-9 classification dependent upon years of experience and depth and breadth of relevant knowledge and skills.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes but is not limited to:
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Retirement Plan
- On site Child Development Center, Swimming Pool, Weight room Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits
We invite you to consider Brookhaven National Laboratory for employment. To be considered for this position, apply online at www.bnl.gov and click Jobs, then click Search Job List and apply to job #16181.
Brookhaven National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce.