Plans, coordinates and direct quality control programs designed to ensure continuous established standards. Provides leadership to Quality Engineers and Technicians.
•Develop and optimize production processes in cooperation with other production and management personnel, minimizing defects, cost and customer complaints, and improving quality capability. Identify opportunities for improvement and spearhead appropriate changes.
• Develop and implement sustainable quality management system to ensure conformity of purchased material and final products to quality standards, including SQF and ISO, Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, and other associated practices and programs.
• Create and implement inspection criteria and procedures and perform inspections; conduct training in quality concepts and tools, and make changes to correct issues, as necessary
• Maintain Integrated Management System/Quality Information Database, control records and documentation, including work instructions, procedures, records and documentation. Conduct training classes for Quality and IMS.
• Establish internal and external quality performance metrics, evaluate performance, and make changes, when appropriate. Develop, analyze and report statistical data on performance results. Conduct quality management review meetings.
• Nurture strong customer relationships, determine quality expectations and establish/apply quality standards. Quickly investigate and resolve complaints regarding quality or technical issues.
• Conduct and oversee internal, external and third party quality audits. Ensure facilities are in compliance with quality standards and procedures
• Participate in Operational Excellence Program, and conduct Management Review of Quality
• Regular attendance
• Other duties as assigned
• Supervise the work of Lab Technician(s) in inspection and testing activities; develop new and revised test methods, train personnel, and ensure continuous controls over products
• Maintain calibration equipment and make purchases as necessary
Education & Experience
•Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or related engineering discipline, quality management, or related field or equivalent
•Experience with setting up and/or administering practices and programs for Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma standards and applications. Experience conducting internal quality audit and responding to external quality audits preferred.
•Minimum five years experience with thermoplastic processing preferred
•Ten years of operations experience preferred. Minimum of five years quality experience in production, preferably in environment similar to PolyOne’s, with at least four in a quality leadership role
•Experience using ERP or other manufacturing system; experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; PowerPoint preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
•Working knowledge of manufacturing and quality processes and procedures, including Operational Excellence Principles, and how to effectively integrate them and achieve optimal production results.
•Strong leadership skills and ability to build and lead quality team to attain objectives and performance.
•Ability to effectively communicate with all levels and types of internal and external individuals. Strong technical writing skills and ability to develop and deliver presentations.
•Ability to perform and apply mathematical calculations to such tasks as frequency distributions, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlations, techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
•Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and technical periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, financial reports, legal documents,, and governmental regulations.
•Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
PolyOne Corporation (NYSE: POL), is a global leader offering a comprehensive array of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions. Headquartered in Ohio, USA, PolyOne has operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa. PolyOne serves more than 10,000 customers across the globe and offers more than 35,000 polymer solutions. The company has employees worldwide located in more than 80 manufacturing and distribution facilities, over a dozen labs and technical centers, and sales and service locations on four continents.
We offer a competitive salary, incentive and benefit plan. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, spending accounts and 401(k). For more information about PolyOne visit http://www.polyone.com/
Interested? Please email to:email@example.com