The Operations/Value Stream Manager is responsible for the supervision of personnel and production on the shop floor. He/She implements Lean principles in their area; provides support and oversees the work performed by the Lead Associates; and maintains the physical plant within the assigned area.
* Leads a cross-functional team to direct the order fulfillment process for assigned product lines.
* Supervises all work performed in their area; offering coaching/mentoring or corrective action when appropriate.
* Provides leadership in the areas of continuous improvement of customer focused metrics, quality and safety.
* Maintains daily visual production boards for efficient production performance; provides prioritized production scheduling to all Lead Associates and team members.
* Drives Lean initiatives; including facilitation, process mapping, spaghetti charting, identification and elimination of the 7 wastes, takt-time, balanced flow process, visual factory, empowered team meetings, total safety, standardized work and world class 5S standards.
* Lead the effort in safety compliance, improvement and promoting awareness in accordance with company safety requirements and guidelines; drives 5S into production on a daily basis.
* Respond to line down issues and provide leadership to root cause analysis and corrective action plan execution.
* Conducts regularly scheduled Lead Associate meetings.
* Provides technical assistance to the Lead Associates and team members.
* Ensures equipment is maintained in accordance with Company guidelines.
* Ensures quality standards are met will all products.
* Direct the supervision of the Lead Associates and team members.
* Lead team to work in a safe manner at all times and comply with safety policies and standards.
* Must possess a desire to excel and a “hands on” management style.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills
* Strong management and leadership skills to include coaching and facilitating
* Well-developed organizational skills
* Must excel in a team environment
* Experience working with cross functional teams
* Must embrace change
* Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
Interested candidates should contact:
Lisa Barnaby, Managing Partner
Fax: 678 623 3010