Don’t forget to register and attend Thursday’s section meeting. To register or for more information on the program visit The program description
Update – More tickets are now available register now!!
The Presentation will include:
- A fun and informative presentation given by Bill Latzko, a Master of Quality (Title given to Bill by Dr. W. Edwards Deming), and Dave Sherman, a 25+ year veteran of Food/Beverage, Environmental, & Clinical Laboratories.
- The Presentation is subtitled, “A View from the Foxhole”. We will discuss specific issues that occurred while we were “Guarding against a Non-Quality Invasion.”
- Topics Discussed will include:
- A CBS Columbia Records Promotion that required $1,755,000 worth of radios purchased in Hong Kong in 1968.
- A Brilliant way to try to beat a “Drug Test” for Marijuana.
- The Artificial Adulteration of “Natural” Essential Oils.
Section Meeting: May 14th, 2013
Our presentation will provide an informative introduction to the principles of using the Balanced Scorecard as a Strategic Management System. This concept was first introduced in the 1992 Harvard Business Review article authored by, Robert S. Kaplan and David P. Norton. They revolutionized conventional thinking about performance metrics by introducing the concept of the balanced scorecard. Continue reading
Section Meeting: April 16th, 2013
Our presentation will provide an informative introduction to the principles and language of the The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People and their impact. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey was first published in 1989 and there have been more than 25 million copies sold in 38 languages, and continues to remain one of the best selling nonfiction business books to this day.
In the Seven Habits, Covey presents a presents an approach to being effective in attaining goals by aligning oneself to what he calls “true north” principles that he presents as universal and timeless in his various works. He does not claim to have invented the principles but rather to have rediscovered them and created a simple language for articulating them. In August 2011, Time listed Seven Habits as one of “The 25 Most Influential Business Management Books.” Continue reading
- Welcome by Austin Lin, ASQ Section 300 Chair and 2013 Feigenbaum Medal recepient along with Dr Paul G Ranky, NJIT Professor, ASQ Member (15 mins plus Q/A)
- Andrew Campbell and Heiko Sieling, Eastern Millwork, Inc., NJ: High Quality, Complex Woodworking Project Challenges and Solutions (30 mins plus Q/A)
- Yijun Zheng and Paul G Ranky: Towards an Integrated Lean Six-sigma Statistical Methodology and Toolset For Digital Enterprise Improvement (30 mins plus Q/A)
- Gregory N. Ranky: Sustainability and Energy Independence for the Future: Alternative Nuclear Fusion Approaches (30 mins plus Q/A)
- Paul G Ranky: Continuous Quality Improvement Opportunities and Challenges for Small, Large and Megacities: a Multimedia Journey Around the World (30 mins plus Q/A)
The event will include:
- Being a part of The Chinese New Year Celebration going on in Chinatown
- A Ten Course Chinese Banquet
- BYOB – Each person may bring their own beverage of choice
Seating is limited, so get your reservation in EARLY!