In this month’s ASQ Member gift, we share resources around two systemic approaches to quality, past and present – Total Quality Management (TQM) and Integrated Management Systems (IMS.)
- Webcasts on integrated management systems and total quality management
- Complete e-book, Integrated Management Systems
- Complete handbook, Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence, Third Edition
- And much more!
Your exclusive member gift will be available through May 31, 2017.
5 Lens is a lean management methodology comprises of 5 different elements. 1) Voice of Customer – understanding what customers want and need. 2) Process Efficiency – streamline processes by removing waste, variability and rigidity and standardize execution. 3) Metrics and Results – Measure selected KPIs and establish continuous improvement culture. 4) Mindsets and Behaviors – create common team vision, compelling change story, and link Lean behaviors to appraisal and rewards. 5) Organization and Skills – Review organizational setup, spans of controls, skills and assess alignment to serve Customer needs
Continue reading October Section Meeting: Improving Operations Using the 5 Lens Methodology
This month’s ASQ member gift bundle: Auditing
In this month’s gift, ASQ is revisiting a very important topic and expertise critical to any organization—auditing.
- New webcast on advanced quality auditing
- Additional webcasts on auditing basics and process auditing
- Complete e-book, Auditing Beyond Compliance
- Checklists, tools and templates
- And much more!
Continue reading ASQ April Membership Gift: Auditing
Lean continues to grow in popularity and use, seen as a strategy and set of tools that assist with eliminating waste and increasing efficiency. However, organizations are realizing that the initial wins after implementing this strategy can be challenging to sustain over time.
Why? Well, as Peter Drucker so aptly put it “Culture eats strategy for breakfast”. In order to sustain wins and continuously improve, organizations must create a culture of quality and a culture of lean.
In this gift ASQ is sharing resources that will help you toward that end, to assist you in transforming your organization into a lean culture. Included are:
• New webcast, The Joy of Lean
• Complete e-book
• Additional webcasts, videos, and case studies
We hope this month’s bundle gives you a few more tools and resources to create or sustain a lean culture in your organization.
Your exclusive member gift will be available through March 31, 2017.
Kaizen, the Japanese term for a “change for the better,” is synonymous with continuous improvement in quality. In practice, it’s an approach to continuous improvement that focuses on simplification by breaking down complex processes into their sub-processes and then improving them.
In this new content bundle, we’re diving into various iterations of this powerful improvement method and sharing with you:
• New webcast detailing the book, Kaizen Kanban
• Complete e-book, Modular Kaizen
• Additional webcasts, videos, and case studies to support your understanding and implementation of the kaizen efforts
• And much more!
We hope this month’s new bundle benefits you in your ongoing pursuit of becoming more efficient, effective, and competitive in serving your customers.
Your exclusive member gift will be available through February 28, 2017.
Your next career move is all about preparation. ASQ‘s growing repository of career resources is available to help you get prepared.
This month ASQ is offer a sampling of some of their best resources to help you succeed, whether you’re building your professional portfolio or moving toward something new and more fulfilling.
Boost your career in 2017 with ASQ’s exclusive resources and tools, including:
- ASQ 2016 Salary Survey and Quality Progress’ Salary Calculator
- Free e-books on team excellence, process improvement, and innovation
- Career-focused articles, webcasts, and new ASQTV episodes on careers and the quality profession
Your exclusive member gift will be available through January 31, 2017.
Please join us for our September 2016 Section meeting where Samir Joshi (Section Chair) & Sandor Juhasz (Treasurer) will be discussing the current state of the section along with a recap of the recent World Conference on Quality and Improvement (WCQI) conference.
Continue reading Join us for our Annual State of the Section Review
Please join us for our September 2016 Section meeting where Samir Joshi (Section Chair) & Sandor Juhasz (Treasurer) will be discussing:
- This Section meeting will focus on the current and future state of our committees, SIGs, leadership, and finance. We will be looking for volunteers and leaders for many vacant roles on our committees. If you are looking for interesting work to support your section this is the place to come to find these opportunities. Participating as a committee volunteer or leader greatly enhances your resume. We hope to see you there.
- Summary of activities from the World Conference on Quality and Improvement (WCQI).
Continue reading Section Meeting: State of the Section and WCQI Summary