Don’t forget to register and attend Thursday’s section meeting. To register or for more information on the program visit The program description
Update – More tickets are now available register now!!
The Presentation will include:
- A fun and informative presentation given by Bill Latzko, a Master of Quality (Title given to Bill by Dr. W. Edwards Deming), and Dave Sherman, a 25+ year veteran of Food/Beverage, Environmental, & Clinical Laboratories.
- The Presentation is subtitled, “A View from the Foxhole”. We will discuss specific issues that occurred while we were “Guarding against a Non-Quality Invasion.”
- Topics Discussed will include:
- A CBS Columbia Records Promotion that required $1,755,000 worth of radios purchased in Hong Kong in 1968.
- A Brilliant way to try to beat a “Drug Test” for Marijuana.
- The Artificial Adulteration of “Natural” Essential Oils.
Section Meeting: May 14th, 2013
Our presentation will provide an informative introduction to the principles of using the Balanced Scorecard as a Strategic Management System. This concept was first introduced in the 1992 Harvard Business Review article authored by, Robert S. Kaplan and David P. Norton. They revolutionized conventional thinking about performance metrics by introducing the concept of the balanced scorecard. Continue reading
NJIT Campus Building
The section’s March meeting will be a joint meeting with the NJIT Student Section on March 4, 2013. The program will consist of diner followed by the following short presentations:
- Welcome by Austin Lin, ASQ Section 300 Chair and 2013 Feigenbaum Medal recepient along with Dr Paul G Ranky, NJIT Professor, ASQ Member (15 mins plus Q/A)
- Andrew Campbell and Heiko Sieling, Eastern Millwork, Inc., NJ: High Quality, Complex Woodworking Project Challenges and Solutions (30 mins plus Q/A)
- Yijun Zheng and Paul G Ranky: Towards an Integrated Lean Six-sigma Statistical Methodology and Toolset For Digital Enterprise Improvement (30 mins plus Q/A)
- Gregory N. Ranky: Sustainability and Energy Independence for the Future: Alternative Nuclear Fusion Approaches (30 mins plus Q/A)
- Paul G Ranky: Continuous Quality Improvement Opportunities and Challenges for Small, Large and Megacities: a Multimedia Journey Around the World (30 mins plus Q/A)
James Rooney, Chairman, ASQ Board of Directors
James J. Rooney, P.E.
Chairman, ASQ Board of Directors
Long Island Section After-Work Meeting
September 20th, 6 PM
Fox Hollow Country Club
7725 Jericho Turnpike
Woodbury, NY 11797
By Charles Nixon
The ISM Code is the International Management Code for the Safe Operation of Ships and for Pollution Prevention. It provides an international standard that all maritime companies must adhere to for the safe management and operation of their ships.
The International Maritime Organization (IMO) mandates the application of the ISM Code to all vessels and is mandatory for vessels of 500 gross tonnages and upward including mobile offshore drilling units. Continue reading