Join us for our annual Spouse’s night event on February 7th, 2014.
Ever wonder how your favorite vintage gets that perfect taste? Learn how at an evening of informal conversation and wine education at the annual Spouse Night! This year’s theme will be “The Science of Wine,” a wine tasting and cocktail reception. The focus will be on the technical aspects of weather, soil chemistry, and sugar characteristics that contribute to the flavor profile of different varietals. Continue reading Spouse Night Wine Tasting Event – The Science of Wine
The Metropolitan Section is offing a one day class on October 25th hosted by NJ Transit. You can check out the details and register here.
Hope to see you there!
Human Design and Operator Error Detection and Prevention Methods, Tools and Technologies with Practical Case Studies & Examples: an interactive NJIT ASQ Chapter workshop presentation
Losses are attributable to human error. Errors can occur not only during the implementation of various processes, but also in the design and operation control of processes.
A human error means that something has been done that was not intended by the actor (meaning neither by the designer nor by the operator of a process, or procedure; meaning the same here).
A human error is a deviation from intention, expectation or desirability. Continue reading October Section Meeting – Human Design and Operator Error Detection and Prevention Methods
The September section meeting will feature a presentation from the recent ASQ World Quality Conference on the International Team Excellence Award – “What Separated the Best from the Rest?”
Continue reading Section Meeting: The International Team Excellence Award – “What Separated the Best from the Rest?”
Don’t forget to register and attend Thursday’s section meeting. To register or for more information on the program visit The program description
Update – More tickets are now available register now!!
The Presentation will include:
- A fun and informative presentation given by Bill Latzko, a Master of Quality (Title given to Bill by Dr. W. Edwards Deming), and Dave Sherman, a 25+ year veteran of Food/Beverage, Environmental, & Clinical Laboratories.
- The Presentation is subtitled, “A View from the Foxhole”. We will discuss specific issues that occurred while we were “Guarding against a Non-Quality Invasion.”
- Topics Discussed will include:
- A CBS Columbia Records Promotion that required $1,755,000 worth of radios purchased in Hong Kong in 1968.
- A Brilliant way to try to beat a “Drug Test” for Marijuana.
- The Artificial Adulteration of “Natural” Essential Oils.
Continue reading General Section Meeting – Lessons Learned/Survivor Stories – June 13th, 2013
Section Meeting: May 14th, 2013
Our presentation will provide an informative introduction to the principles of using the Balanced Scorecard as a Strategic Management System. This concept was first introduced in the 1992 Harvard Business Review article authored by, Robert S. Kaplan and David P. Norton. They revolutionized conventional thinking about performance metrics by introducing the concept of the balanced scorecard. Continue reading The Balanced Scorecard