This workshop is designed for auditors-in-training, auditors, audit supervisors and audit managers who have responsibility for auditing processes within management systems (e.g., quality, environmental, health and safety, and security management systems) in accordance with the requirements of ISO 19011, ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO/TS16949 and similar standards.
The workshop covers in detail (a) the considerations for establishing the overall auditing system (b) the differences in the processes for internal audit, supplier audit and third party audit, and (c) the process for performing an individual audit of any management system, in addition to quality, environmental, health and safety management systems – other than a financial management system.
Upon completion of this workshop, one will be able to:
- Use audit terminology;
- Understand the differences among internal, supplier and third party auditing;
- Understand the factors to be considered in establishing an integrated auditing system;
- Design, and, implement an integrated auditing system;
- Plan the auditing activities for a given time period;
- Establish the audit objective – "compliance-based" or "effectiveness-based";
- Establish the audit scope – "risk-based" or "non-risk based";
- Determine data collections techniques – "system-based" / "program-based", "performance-based" and/or "results-based";
- Lead the performance of any individual audit, step-by-step, in detail;
- Manage and assess the effectiveness of the integrated auditing system.
PRESENTED BY: Ben Marguglio
Ben Marguglio is a Fellow of the American Society for Quality (ASQ) since 1974 and an ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, Reliability Engineer, Quality Auditor, and Manager of Quality / Organizational Excellence. He has fifty-seven years of experience, formerly with large high technology enterprises serving as executive level director and division director, and currently as a management and technical consultant. Ben is an expert on management systems, human error prevention/reduction, risk management, and root cause analysis tools and techniques. He is also the author of more than 150 management and technical papers and presentations and three books.
TIME & PLACE:
Date: Two Days from October 1 to 2, 2012
Location: Bergen Meadowlands Community College
Duration: 8:00am – 4:30pm
$545 for ASQ members; $595 for non-members. Includes:
- Copy of presentation slides;
- Certificate of Completion, with 1.5 Continuing Education Units;
- Continental breakfast, lunch & refreshments.
Follow this link for registration:
For registration information contact Registrar at http://2012auditmanagement.eventbrite.com/
Update: The workshop was cancelled due to low registration levels.