The section’s March meeting will be a joint meeting with the NJIT Student Section on March 4, 2013. The program will consist of diner followed by the following short presentations:
- Welcome by Austin Lin, ASQ Section 300 Chair and 2013 Feigenbaum Medal recepient along with Dr Paul G Ranky, NJIT Professor, ASQ Member (15 mins plus Q/A)
- Andrew Campbell and Heiko Sieling, Eastern Millwork, Inc., NJ: High Quality, Complex Woodworking Project Challenges and Solutions (30 mins plus Q/A)
- Yijun Zheng and Paul G Ranky: Towards an Integrated Lean Six-sigma Statistical Methodology and Toolset For Digital Enterprise Improvement (30 mins plus Q/A)
- Gregory N. Ranky: Sustainability and Energy Independence for the Future: Alternative Nuclear Fusion Approaches (30 mins plus Q/A)
- Paul G Ranky: Continuous Quality Improvement Opportunities and Challenges for Small, Large and Megacities: a Multimedia Journey Around the World (30 mins plus Q/A)
TIME & PLACE:
Date: Monday, March 4, 2013
Location: NJIT Campus, Newark
5:30pm – 6:30pm: Dinner will be at the large NJIT student restaurant in the Student Center (building number 24 on the map) where the group will gather at 5:30 PM. Section 300 Members should inform the Cashier at the entrance that they are a Section 300 Member or an NJIT Student Section member. Non-members should pay on their own for dinner, which is under $10.
For Parking: please inform NJIT police, that you came to see Dr Ranky on ASQ business.)
6:30pm – 8:45pm: After dinner the mini-quality conference presentations will be conducted in ITC 2305 Room (NJIT, GITC bldg. second floor; building number 28 on the NJIT map).
Due to the limited size of this lecture hall, we can invite a maximum of 20 section members, as well as a maximum of 30 NJIT students; NJIT students must register through Dr. Paul Ranky.
Free for Section 300 members
Follow this link for registration: http://asqmetro0313.eventbrite.com