Job Description: – This is a new quality leadership position with Kerry Ingredients & Flavours based in Clark, NJ, which is the largest flavor site in the Business Unit, with a primary focus in Clark but aligning and optimizing flavors and natural products with other sites in the BU. The position reports directly to the Senior Director of Quality for Beverage Systems and Taste Solutions. The position requires willingness to travel up to 35% and demonstrated ability to take on broader multiple site quality responsibilities in the future.
• Manage Quality initiatives at Clark and special projects within BU as assigned. Projects may include Customer Complaint analysis and reduction and specification alignment.
• Work with the QA Manager and QC Supervisor in Clark to evaluate/improve workflow, division of responsibilities, and create a resource development plan to support continuing growth.
• Provide Commercialization, product transfer, and ECOR support as needed.
• Oversee Customer Complaint process for business unit, becoming a Subject Matter Expert in analyzing the data and using CAPA on KKM, while demonstrating robust root cause analysis.
• Apply statistical tools (CQE).
• Develop subject matter expertise in GQMS, LIMS and Customer Complaint reporting portal.
• Instill robust corrective action tracking and proactively identify gaps in quality system to minimize customer quality concerns
• Provide oversight for the successful, aligned implementation of GC analytical requirements in LIMS for Clark and Lakeland sites, and establish a change control process for the future.
• Develop a strong talent development plan for QA at the Clark site to support growth.
• Support other quality and food safety initiatives as needed, which will extend beyond the Clark site on a project basis.
• Lead investigation of root cause on selected high profile or complex customer complaints where dedicated leadership beyond site QA Manager is needed for fast and thorough resolution.
• Lead the continued alignment of natural product specifications between Lakeland and Clark and contribute to the development of how these will be effectively handled in LIMS.
• Resolve difference in specifications between sites and raw material differences. Optimize raw material QC testing based on risk assessment.
• The position has the authority to observe and review quality activities at Clark to improve workflow, strengthen the team, and establish best practices that extend to other flavor and beverage ingredient sites.
• The position has the authority to develop, implement and audit programs directly related to projects throughout the Beverage Business Unit as assigned by the Senior Director of Quality.
Requirements for this position
• Qualified background in food chemistry, sensory, microbiology, food packaging systems and/or food engineering
• 7-10 years Quality experience in food/beverage industry. Experience in flavors and/or beverage with demonstrated potential to develop further expertise in these areas.
• ASQ Quality Engineer certification (CQE) or equivalent. Candidates may pursue this certification concurrently, but must be able to demonstrate competency with statistical analysis.
• Six sigma and/or lean manufacturing experience is desirable
• Proven success in communicating with customers and responding effectively to quality concerns.
• Ability to drive continuous improvement and change management initiatives
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Organized • Proficient at Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Must have strong critical thinking ability along with analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong Interpersonal, communication, coaching and conflict management skills
• Ability to travel and build rapport with plant management at multiple sites
Practical experience with the following:
• Quality Systems, HACCP, SOPS, GMPs.
• Root cause analysis, corrective action systems, process mapping, laboratory methods
• Proficient in food safety and environmental monitoring. Experience with GFSI certifications (SQF, BRC or FS22000) • Familiarity with GC and FCC analytical methods for flavors, citrus and essential oils is desirable.
• Writing and implementing quality policies and procedures
• Flavors, Natural Products, and/or Beverage
• Sensory evaluation
• Leading and developing a growing QA/QC team
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please email resumes to: email@example.com