Our client, a market leading fast growing commercial products manufacturer in the New York area is seeking an Operations Manager/Value Stream Manager for its facility in Blauvelt, NY (relocation assistance is available). The Operations/Value Stream Manager is responsible for the supervision of personnel and production on the shop floor. He/She implements Lean principles in their area; provides support and oversees the work performed by the Lead Associates; and maintains the physical plant within the assigned area.
- Leads a cross-functional team to direct the order fulfillment process for assigned product lines.
- Supervises all work performed in their area; offering coaching/mentoring or corrective action when appropriate.
- Provides leadership in the areas of continuous improvement of customer focused metrics, quality and safety.
- Maintains daily visual production boards for efficient production performance; provides prioritized production scheduling to all Lead Associates and team members.
- Drives Lean initiatives; including facilitation, process mapping, spaghetti charting, identification and elimination of the 7 wastes, takt-time, balanced flow process, visual factory, empowered team meetings, total safety, standardized work and world class 5S standards.
- Lead the effort in safety compliance, improvement and promoting awareness in accordance with company safety requirements and guidelines; drives 5S into production on a daily basis.
- Respond to line down issues and provide leadership to root cause analysis and corrective action plan execution.
- Conducts regularly scheduled Lead Associate meetings.
- Provides technical assistance to the Lead Associates and team members.
- Ensures equipment is maintained in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Ensures quality standards are met will all products.
- Direct the supervision of the Lead Associates and team members.
- Lead team to work in a safe manner at all times and comply with safety policies and standards.
- Must possess a desire to excel and a “hands on” management style.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong management and leadership skills to include coaching and facilitating
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Must excel in a team environment
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Must embrace change
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
Resumes or questions can be submitted to: Lisa Barnaby at firstname.lastname@example.org.