Job Description – This is a Quality and Food Safety by Design technical leadership position reporting to the Sr. Manager for North American Beverages Packaging Quality and Food Safety by Design. You will lead the successful commercialization, qualification and validation of new packages associated with new beverages and technological innovations are safe, stable, legal, and are launched on time and meet design specifications. This will be accomplished through the effective and efficient collaboration and coordination of a wide array of stakeholders (Packaging Development, Supply Chain, Procurement, Commercialization, Quality and Technical) as they go through the innovation/commercialization process.
- Support PepsiCo’s businesses including Pepsi, Gatorade, Propel, Tropicana, Naked Juice and the Global Nutrition Group in the successful development and commercialization of new beverage packaging and beverage packaging platforms.
- Collaborate with business partners to ensure seamless execution of package quality throughout the development and commercialization phases.
- Successfully engage in highly complex problem-solving, for which there may be little precedent. Issue/Crisis resolution is a key component of the position.
- Work cross functionally with R&D, Global Procurement & Operations to verify packaging specifications that elevate & sustain superior quality throughout the supply chain in a cost-effective way
- Utilize Quality Tools such as Six Sigma, FMEA’s and Risk Assessments to facilitate development activities, identify potential issues/risks and formulate mitigation steps prior to commercialization.
- Lead in-plant testing and qualification activities. Write and modify qualification protocols to adapt to technological risk and speed to market demands.
- Ensure that all quality related documentation is finalized and available to all associated stakeholders prior to the commercialization of new product, process or packaging innovations.
- Develop and implement quality systems including Manufacturing Control Plans and supporting Quality documents associated with new product launches and technology initiatives.
- Ensure your project teams are meeting all mandatory requirements going through the Stage Gate process from Feasibility through Execution.
- Use appropriate statistical methods to define process capability on existing or new equipment, process capability for existing beverages on new equipment and along the supply chain in order to identify material variability, and manufacturing and/or process gaps.
- Champion Safety in all PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES.
- Utilize data to support the seamless implementation of productivity/cost savings initiatives ensuring a transparent consumer experience.
- Review assessments of company-owned, co-packer, warehouse and vendor facilities to ensure compliance to established procedures, requirements and specifications for new products prior to launch.
- B.S. with minimum 2-5 years demonstrated success in Quality Assurance and/or Packaging R&D/technical background.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Quality Management role.
- Knowledge and experience in beverage processes including hot fill, high/low acid aseptic, dairy, CSD’s and retorting preferred.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, CQV a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to identify critical data and distill into business-focused technical recommendations.
- Demonstrated self-starter, with ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively in cross-functional teams with internal and external customers.
- Solid interpersonal skills in listening, coaching and communicating with integrity.
- Demonstrated skills in managing conflict and using data to drive decisions, even when unpopular.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, knowledge of troubleshooting tools / techniques desired.
- Ability to communication effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Must be willing and able to travel 30-40% of the time.
Please forward resumes to David Sherman David.Sherman@pepsico.com