The Director, Operational Excellence Programs will collaborate with key leaders across business and technology divisions to help define, track and execute numerous projects and programs to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our internal operations as defined by the division heads. These initiatives include but are not limited to, the effectiveness and cost efficiency of our business processes, our systems, and the responsible organizations.
This position will be responsible for leading the execution and reporting out of progress to the senior management who identified candidate projects to improve our internal capabilities and efficiencies. This position will work alongside Corporate Strategy, Finance, and senior management to ensure that these goals and projects align to support our corporate strategy and customer needs. This position will work to facilitate the prioritization of these projects and lead cross-functional teams to deliver these projects.
This position will define operational metrics to measure performance against those goals and report progress towards meeting those goals. These metrics, goals, and project results will be reviewed regularly with the COO and his leadership team.
- Collaborate with senior leaders across business units, international regions, technology, and finance to define target operating models and align to corporate strategy
- Define execution plans to improve operational efficiencies projects from as-is to the target state to drive productivity improvements and reduce non-value adding expense as proposed by division leadership
- Work with leaders from business units, international regions, technology, and finance to lead the execution of improvement projects across CME
- Define and collect metrics to measure operational performance and level of improvements
- Bachelors Degree required. MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in operational planning & execution
- Experience in financial services operations strategy and planning
- Experience with senior management to facilitate decisions, develop goals and plans
- Excellent communication skills required: oral, written, and presentation.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills required
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills required
- International work experience preferred
- Management consulting experience strongly preferred
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
- The widest range of global benchmark futures and options available across all major asset classes;
- The most advanced trading technology;
- Industry-leading clearing and risk management capabilities;
- A relentless customer focus, serving leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations and individual traders; and,
- A great place to work.
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
Please send resumes to Jay Fought at email@example.com