The Supplier Quality Engineer plans and directs activities concerned with development, application and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products with the Jacobs Vehicle Systems supply base. This position is an excellent developmental position for candidates aspiring to transition into a role of greater responsibility within Jacobs Vehicle Systems or Danaher.
Reports directly to Quality & Reliability Mgr.
• Evaluation and selection of world class suppliers in safety, quality, delivery and cost
• Perform CSER audits, capacity analysis and determine supplier core competencies to ensure work is placed properly
• Perform Quality System, Process and Product audits on suppliers
• Work with suppliers to continuously improve performance, implement process controls and develop quality assurance plans
• Develop suppliers in the areas of TS16949 compliance, Six Sigma methods, Value Stream mapping, standard work, 5-S, Kanban and other Danaher Business System tools for preventative action, corrective action, and continuous improvement
• Responsible to act as a liaison between cross functional teams, and to review and approve PPAP’s from suppliers for submission to the Manufacturing Teams and Customers
• Prepare and submit supplier report cards, action plans and the Approved Supplier List as required
• Conduct in-depth review and follow-up on the implementation of supplier action plans for poor report card performance
• Lead corrective actions as required from supplier 8D’s or non-conformance reports
• Lead the implementation of the Supplier Quality Manual to the supply base
• Work with VST Quality Engineers to develop standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation at JVS suppliers
• Work with suppliers to devise sampling procedures and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating and reporting quality and reliability data
• Prepare Operations review Supplier and Internal Quality KPI’s, countermeasures and annual action plans for supplier quality PPM, on-time delivery, late supplier 8D responses, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Good understanding and working experience with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, Statistical Process Control, Design of Experiments and Six Sigma problem solving methods
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as blue prints, safety rules and TS16949 procedure manuals and standards and the ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Ability to think logical and critically to measure the pros and cons and take the most appropriate decisions in a prompt manner.
• Ability to perform quality audits on suppliers to assure products and services meet International Organization for Standards (ISO) and regulatory standards
• Ability to develop good rapport with the purchasing department, manufacturing and production departments to prepare products according to JVS’ needs
• Must be an active listener with good time management skills in order to work with suppliers and project management teams to define deliverables
• Must possess great organizational and communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with management
• Ability to work with minimum supervision to meet customer’s requirements
• Must have complete knowledge of APQP documents like PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans and Quality and Environmental standards , TS16949 and ISO 14001
• Ability to conduct training using DBS training materials, and the ability to speak effectively before groups of suppliers, customers or employees of organization
• 30% travel required, some international
Education and Experience
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience (Chemical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
• 1-3 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) preferred Please forward resumes to:
Senior HR Generalist