39th Annual ASQ North Jersey Section “Spring Quality Training Conference” will be held on April 13th 2017.
Proposals will be reviewed by the Committee for relevance, innovation, demonstrated application, and technical content. Priority will be given to new and unique approaches that have resulted in measurable improvements to organizational processes and customer satisfaction. The following is a list of suggested topics; however, you are not limited to the list. Feel free to send proposals in all areas that you feel are relevant to this year’s theme “Quality Takes More Than Luck.”
Some Proposed Focus Areas:
- Leadership (Innovation, Change, Empowerment, Alignment to Goals)
- Auditing (Internal, External, 3rd Party, ISO, 16949, GMP)
- What’s New (Environmental, Regulatory, lessons learned etc.)
- Electronics (J-Standard, testing, inspecting, CEPM)
- FDA Regulated (Pharma, Medical Devices, Lessons Learned, Risk 14971)
- Lean and Six Sigma
Timeline Submit ASAP. The deadline for proposal submissions is September 30th, 2016.
Continue reading Call for Papers!! North New Jersey Spring 2017 Conference
This month’s section meeting will showcases several recent Lean Six Sigma projects, that the speaker facilitated, at local healthcare facilities where Lean Six Sigma Teams made processes faster, better and less expensive, while improving patient outcomes and satisfaction. The presentation will be interactive with comments and questions invited. Continue reading Section Meeting – Manufacturing Engineering Quality
Please join us for our September 2016 Section meeting where Samir Joshi (Section Chair) & Sandor Juhasz (Treasurer) will be discussing:
- This Section meeting will focus on the current and future state of our committees, SIGs, leadership, and finance. We will be looking for volunteers and leaders for many vacant roles on our committees. If you are looking for interesting work to support your section this is the place to come to find these opportunities. Participating as a committee volunteer or leader greatly enhances your resume. We hope to see you there.
- Summary of activities from the World Conference on Quality and Improvement (WCQI).
Continue reading Section Meeting: State of the Section and WCQI Summary
Time and again research shows that one of the key prerequisites to successfully implementing quality programs and practices is buy-in of leadership. As a quality professional/practitioner it is imperative to effectively communicate the impact, risks, and financial costs of poor quality in a way that leadership will understand and be motivated by. From this need were born the concepts of cost of quality/cost of poor quality (CoQ/CoPQ).
In this gift we’ll get you started down the path of understanding and applying the principles and practices around CoQ/CoPQ, to both reveal opportunities for improvement and to better communicate the value and importance of quality, as it impacts the bottom line.
We include video introductions, webcast walkthroughs, articles, case studies, and not one but two completely free e-books on the topic. I know, it’s a lot of great info … our way of continuing to say thank you for being a part of the quality movement!
Your exclusive member gift will be available through August 31.
The Cost of Quality Bundle includes:
• The Cost of Quality (ASQ TV Episode)
• The Executive Guide to Understanding and Implementing Quality Cost Programs (e-book)
• The Hidden Factory (Webcast, 18 min.)
• An Introduction to the Cost of Quality (Webcast, 24 min.)