Sepsis is associated with a high risk of mortality. The number of deaths in US due to sepsis has increased from 154,159 in 2000 to 207,427 in 2007. The main objective of this presentation is to demonstrate utilization of process improvement and system redesign methodologies for the purpose of improving broad spectrum antibiotics administration within 1 hour of severe sepsis/septic shock recognition, and studying its effect on mortality.
Continue reading June Section Meeting: Healthcare Process Improvement – Early Sepsis Identification
Ranked among the nation’s top 20 Construction Managers by Engineering News-Record, The LiRo Group provides construction management, engineering, environmental, architectural, and program management solutions for a broad range of public and private sector clients. We are seeking talented and motivated construction professionals to join our multi-disciplined team.
Our growth has created an immediate need for a Construction QA/QC Professional to assist in implementing, coordinating, training, and administering the LiRo Quality Management System (QMS) across all Business Units (which includes 800+ staff in Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering, Environmental, MEP, Resident Engineering Inspection, and Virtual Design services). This position will be based in either our Syosset, Long Island or lower Manhattan office and will spend 40-50% of the time at field construction sites located throughout New York City.
Continue reading Position available: Construction QA and QC Professional
Great companies manage performance by looking at teams, not drudging through annual performance reviews. Agile Performance Management helps organizations understand how teams helping fulfill corporate goals and improve agile teams so that they can meet those goals. Social recognition and frequent feedback are the heart of agile. Skill development and just-in-time learning are investments that pay off. Measuring teams performance, providing feedback, and giving the tools to meet expectations – that’s what’s replacing tortuous annual performance reviews.
Agile Performance Management provides a full continuum of meaningful performance – and it happens all the time, not just every 6-months.
This presentation describes how organizations that have implemented the Agile Performance Management program can be successful in many ways:
• supporting a style of work that is collaborative, social and fast moving
• aligning the performance of teams with the goals of the organization
• providing employees with a voice in influencing individual, team and organizational performance
• providing supervisors with the skills they need to coach and counsel employees and teams every day, not just at annual appraisal times
• providing the organization with a health check of their training and organizational development efforts by gathering cumulative information about performance management trends
Continue reading May Section Meeting: Agile Performance Management
This month’s ASQ member gift bundle: Auditing
In this month’s gift, ASQ is revisiting a very important topic and expertise critical to any organization—auditing.
- New webcast on advanced quality auditing
- Additional webcasts on auditing basics and process auditing
- Complete e-book, Auditing Beyond Compliance
- Checklists, tools and templates
- And much more!
Continue reading ASQ April Membership Gift: Auditing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the customer interface for RMA requests, Product Change Notifications, and Requests for Waivers.
- Follow-up on customer audits by tracking, review and approval of corrective actions.
- Serve as internal quality system auditor
- Lead and participate in problem solving teams using root cause analysis and 8 D techniques.
- Support manufacturing in resolving quality issues with II-Vi products.
- Develop and coordinate internal activities in support of quality improvement initiatives.
- Occasional travel to back end processing facility in Lehigh Valley, PA. and to customer sites.
Continue reading Quality Engineer position available: Warren, NJ
The primary duties of the NY/NJ Area Quality & Records Coordinator include responsibility for implementing, coordinating, training, and administering the HDR Quality Management System (QMS) within the NY/NJ area and across all engineering Business Groups (which includes 500+ staff in transportation engineering, planning, water/wastewater, natural & water resources, civil engineering and environmental sciences, construction control, etc.). Will report directly to the NY/NJ Area Manager, and will manage and direct activities specific to the Area’s implementation of the corporate QMS. Will serve as a liaison between the Quality Office, Information Lifecycle Governance (ILG) Leadership, Internal QMS Audit Lead Auditors, and local leadership to advance NY/NJ Area with Quality and ILG objectives and expectations.
Continue reading Position available: NY/NJ Area Quality & Records Coordinator