The primary duties of the NY/NJ Area Quality & Records Coordinator include responsibility for implementing, coordinating, training, and administering the HDR Quality Management System (QMS) within the NY/NJ area and across all engineering Business Groups (which includes 500+ staff in transportation engineering, planning, water/wastewater, natural & water resources, civil engineering and environmental sciences, construction control, etc.). Will report directly to the NY/NJ Area Manager, and will manage and direct activities specific to the Area’s implementation of the corporate QMS. Will serve as a liaison between the Quality Office, Information Lifecycle Governance (ILG) Leadership, Internal QMS Audit Lead Auditors, and local leadership to advance NY/NJ Area with Quality and ILG objectives and expectations.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Partner with NY/NJ Area Leadership and Business Group leaders to lead NY/NJ Area in successfully implementing Quality and ILG requirements and assisting in managing project risk with department leadership.
• Chair the NY/NJ Area Quality Steering Committee. Monitor Quality and ILG effectiveness across the area. Report area progress to Quality Office and ILG Leadership. Maintain area quality program related records.
• Work with Area Manager and Project Managers to assist with the performance monitoring and records maintenance of quality reviews (0% Reviews, Project Reviews, and QC Reviews); monitor QA/QC task schedule activity within the company Quality Management Information System (QMIS).
• Participate in management decisions regarding QA/QC activity and Business Group performance in Project Reviews and 0% Reviews.
• Monitor Area Quality and ILG compliance and provide compliance reports and recommendations to the Area Management Team Quarterly Meetings.
• Serve as initial point of contact for Quality and ILG related questions or issues, and assist PMs with creation of project Risk Management Plans.
• Monitor and audit Critical Projects to ensure Risk Management Plans are being implemented and QA/QC activities are occurring.
• Serve as Quality Assurance Manager on large or critical projects when needed
• Work with 3rd party QA/QC auditors when needed; coordinate with Internal QMS Audit Program, including post audit Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Planning.
• Conduct and Manage employee training and awareness activities as it pertains to the HDR QMS Manual and ILG Program.
BS in Engineering, Environmental Sciences or related field or equivalent education is preferred. 5+ years overall related experience is preferred, with experience applying quality procedures to technical work process and work products. Strong organizational and communication skills are critical as is the ability to work with a wide array of system applications and staff, both internal to the NY/NJ Area (across several offices) as well as with corporate Quality Office and ILG Leadership. An essential capability will be the ability to be both helpful and supportive but also to objectively audit and implement corrective actions as required. An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must. Local candidates are preferred. Position can be based in any HDR NY/NJ office, which include NYC, White Plains (NY) and Mahwah and Newark (NJ).
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
For more information or to apply: please go to our Careers Website at http://www.hdrinc.com/careers and submit your resume to job # 142279