The risk of fraud is very real and unfortunately, happens often. Fraudulent activities have always been woven within the corporate fabric and cuts across industries, businesses and governmental establishments. History has shown that the impact of fraud can be catastrophic and have a lasting adverse effect. Fraud events have increased in recent years due to a variety of reasons including the financial benefit, opportunity, motive, justification or rationalization. Certainly, its awareness, prevention and early detection are very important in sustaining a quality management system. The discussion will include:
- Lessons Learned: Con Edison’s fight against fraud.
- The common areas of fraud risk and the key red flags to look for.
- A discussion of factors that create a perfect environment for fraud to thrive.
- An understanding of the components of quality management and how fraud hinders its achievement.
- Resourceful ways of combating fraud.