Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing – we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Senior Manager, CAR-T Operational Excellence – Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
5+ years of experience, Bachelor’s Degree Required.
The Sr. Manager Operational Excellence is dedicated to continuous improvement and enabling the routine delivery of exceptional business process performance. This position is within Global Pharmaceutical Development and Operations (GPDO) and supports operational improvement initiatives throughout the new CAR T Production Facility in Summit, NJ. This individual will collaborate with CAR T Operations and Technology leadership to prioritize and drive business process improvement. The role will maintain alignment in methodology, procedure and governance with the GPDO Business Excellence Function. Improvement to methodology, best practices and governance will be collaborated with GPDO Business Excellence leadership.
The Sr. Manager OE supports the following areas within CAR T Operations and Technology:
- Business Process Improvement – Define, optimize and maintain end to end business processes
- Kaizen, DMAIC and Lean Six Sigma Projects
- Capacity Analysis and Deployment of Automated Tools
- Deployment of Visual Management Systems
- Optimization of Labor, Facility, and Space Utilization
- Identification of Meaningful Metrics and Key Performance Indicators
- Continuous Improvement Education and Training
- Continuous Improvement Project Intake and Prioritization
- Adhering to Best Practices within GPDO
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leading business process improvement initiatives in CAR T Operations and Technology using defined Lean Six Sigma (DMAIC) and Business Process Improvement tools to:
- Identify gaps and inefficiencies to current state business processes.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement and the desired future state.
- Lead and work with project teams to implement improvements.
- Use change management methods to mitigate barriers to improvement efforts
- Process mapping for business processes
- Providing process improvement training with GPDO Business Excellence group
- Supporting root cause and FMEA analyses
- Coaching Green Belt candidates
- Collecting and reporting metrics
- Managing the Continuous Improvement Project Intake and Prioritization process within CAR T Operations and Technology
- Designing and deploying visual management systems throughout CAR T Operations and Technology
- Participating in regular staff and strategy meetings to agree priorities and tactics
- Maintaining alignment in methodology, procedure and governance within GPDO
- Minimum 5 years of Biotech/pharmaceutical operations experience required with a proven track record of successfully leading, facilitating and managing large, cross-functional, business process improvement and Operational Excellence initiatives
- Experience managing a range of small and large projects and teams
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as related to Pharmaceutical and Biotech Manufacturing
- Knowledge and previous work experience with process mapping, Lean Six Sigma and Business Process Reengineering
- Familiarity with Visio or other process mapping tools
- Knowledge of performance measurement tools and metrics
- Good facilitation, change management, interpersonal and problem-solving skills required
- Science, Engineering, Business BS/BA required or 5 -10 years of business/operations experience
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification HIGHLY Preferred.
- Business Process Management (End to End Process) Hammer Certification preferable
Please apply online