The Port Authority of NY & NJ has an opening for a Quality Engineer with experience inspecting Vertical Transportation Systems.
Reporting to the Assistant Chief Engineer, Quality Assurance and under the direct supervision of the Manager, Vertical Transportation, the successful candidate’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform acceptance inspections/audits of elevators, escalators, moving walks, and boilers for use.
- Perform record audits of construction projects, including Special Inspection/Test Reports and Checklists to document non-conforming items and follow up for final disposition
- Prepares Inspection/Test Reports with recommendations to place an equipment/unit into service.
- Perform annual Post Construction Inspections/Tests for existing VT systems
- Perform design review of VT systems
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or University or QEI Certified
- Four plus years of related experience, inspecting Elevators, Escalators, Moving Walks, Dumb Waiters, Material Lifts, etc.
- Working knowledge of building codes and mechanical/Electrical standards, including local and federal codes
- Valid driver’s license
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Professional Engineering License in NY & NJ
- Master of Science in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated interpersonal and effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and maintain effective working relationships with peers and all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to reach sound judgment
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume in the following link:
email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Quality Engineer #33329” in the subject line