Veeco (NASDAQ: VECO) is a leading manufacturer of innovative semiconductor process equipment. Our proven MOCVD, lithography, laser annealing, ion beam and single wafer etch & clean technologies play an integral role in producing LEDs for solid-state lighting and displays, and in the fabrication of advanced semiconductor devices. With equipment designed to maximize performance, yield and cost of ownership, Veeco holds technology leadership positions in all these served markets.
Veeco is looking for a Sr. Quality Engineer to drive continuous improvement initiatives and support operational effectiveness as we meet and exceed the challenging requirements of our customers. This Sr. Quality Engineering position will drive a systems approach into critical quality processes, consistent with the expectations of customers in the semiconductor industry and ISO 9001:2015. Additionally, as a Sr. Quality Engineer, you will be expected to deploy and utilize key performance metrics to monitor, identify and drive opportunities for improvement at both a product and process level. Reporting to the VP of Quality and Customer Satisfaction, this position will engage across the broad spectrum of quality operations with the right candidate being a self-motivated individual with strong communication skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment where the development of practical business processes enabling data based decision making is valued. If you are experienced driving a systems approach while enabling product quality and customer satisfaction improvements as a change agent for a high technology capital equipment manufacturer, and are motivated by challenge, then this position may be right for you.
• Implement and utilize key performance metrics to enable continuous improvement. Conduct trend analysis, execute and drive analytical problem solving, recommend and implement corrective actions and perform or lead root cause failure analysis as an individual or team leader
• Lead and support cross-functional teams, working collaboratively to solve critical quality issues
• Develop, deploy and maintain systems and processes that meet the requirements of ISO9001:2015 and semiconductor industry requirements utilizing quality tools including internal audits, SSQA assessments, SIPOC and DMAIC (6σ) process improvement techniques and problem solving methodologies
• Support customer satisfaction activities including customer audits of manufacturing sites and customer corrective action requests by utilizing strong verbal and written communication skills and driving associated corrective and preventive actions to timely and effective resolution
• Partner effectively with key suppliers and contract manufacturers to leverage failure analysis into improvements that benefit both Veeco performance and the customer experience
• Provide written and verbal reports to update leadership on the status of top quality issues, key performance metrics, customer satisfaction improvement initiatives and quality system performance
• Understand influences on warranty and reduces their impact on cost and customer satisfaction
• Support corporate quality improvement initiatives as needed at other Veeco sites
• BS Degree (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical or Reliability Engineering) or equivalent
• 8-10 years of experience as a Sr. or Principal Quality Engineer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Disciplined and effective problem solving and influence skills proven through experience leading process and product improvement teams
• Certified Six Sigma (6σ) Black Belt or Master Black Belt preferred but not required
• Strong communication skills with a history of positive engagements with suppliers and customers
• Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing Statistical Analysis Techniques and Quality Tools such as (SPC, FMEA, pFMEA, Fish-Bone Analysis, 8D problem solving, etc.)
• Must have ability to work well in a matrixed organization and adapt quickly to change
• Capital equipment manufacturing experience especially in the semiconductor industry is highly preferred
• Experience with SAP quality and service modules is a plus
• Ability to travel domestic & internationally approximately 25%
To apply, please email email@example.com or go to https://career8.successfactors.com/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=veecoinstr&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_US&career_job_req_id=3814&selected_lang=en_US&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=vj2pS92R4YZjwKBMMdhXFnsGcik%3d
Veeco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.