The Master Black Belt (MBB) is responsible to lead the Continuous Improvement Program at Marotta Controls. The individual must have an accredited and/or recognized MBB Certification for Lean Six Sigma. This individual will train a small core of employees as Green Belts/Black Belts to help support the MBB with improvement projects. The MBB will work with various teams to plan and schedule projects to address cost and schedule drivers on programs with the goal of driving Realized Cost and Schedule Savings as part of a formalized Opportunity Management Program. This would include working events throughout the Supply Chain from our Suppliers to our Customers. The MBB must be a self-motivated individual who possesses the ability to analyze, organize, plan and prioritize assignments/tasks to achieve positive results. This position requires effective interaction with a broad spectrum of people to successfully support operations, customer requirements and the corporate strategic vision.
Founded in 1943, Marotta Controls is a fully integrated solutions provider which designs, develops, qualifies and manufactures innovative systems and sub-systems for the aerospace and defense sectors. Our portfolio includes pressure, power, motion, fluid, and electronic controls for weapon systems, shipboard and sub-sea applications, satellites, launch vehicles, and aircraft systems. With over 200 patents, Marotta continues to build on its legacy as a highly respected, family-owned small business based in the state of New Jersey.
Marotta prides itself on delivering on their promise to develop best in class technology backed up by superior quality and world-class service. Our teams have repeatedly been recognized for outstanding performance by some of the most prestigious organizations in the world. Honors include: Outstanding Small Business Supplier -Lockheed Martin; Small Business Supplier of the Year – Lockheed Martin; Platinum Source Supplier – Northrop Grumman; Special Recognition for Outstanding Execution – The Boeing Company; Supplier of the Year Nomination – The Boeing Company; Regional Small Business of the Year – US Small Business Administration; George M. Low Award for Quality and Excellence – NASA
• Lead the Continuous Improvement Program for the business
• Train a small core of employees as Green Belts/Black Belts to help support the Master Black Belt with improvement projects
• Provide leadership and oversight to ensure processes are optimized to drive down cycle time, improve efficiency and improve quality
• Provide mentor-ship and engage with the workforce to create a culture of Continuous Improvement
• Engage with other functional organizations to drive process improvements and efficiencies
• Manage quality improvements and initiatives within the Supply Chain
• Works with various teams to plan and schedule projects to address cost and schedule drivers on programs with the goal of driving Realized Cost and Schedule Savings as part of a formalized Opportunity Management Program
• Implement strategy and meet performance goals / objectives
• 4-year degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment
• Certified Master Black Belt for Lean Six Sigma
• In-depth knowledge and experience in Lean Six Sigma methodologies and application
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Master Black Belt with proven and demonstrable positive results
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to a variety of audiences
• Ability to develop and present executive level program performance briefings
• Prior leadership experience including driving key program quality continuous improvement actions and metrics
• Skills in root cause analysis and corrective action
• Interpersonal skills with emphasis in Team interaction
• Track record of development and implementation of affordability and process improvement efforts
• Experience with using various Lean Six Sigma tools and understanding of their application including Value Stream Mapping, 5S/6S, Mistake Proofing/Poka Yoke, Quick Changeover, Problem Solving/Root Cause Analysis, Pull Systems/Kanban, Continuous Flow, Standardized Work, Cellular Manufacturing, Takt Time, Visual Management, Gemba, Heijunka, Hoshin Kanri, Key Performance Indicators, Design of Experiments, Nonlinear Regression Analysis
• Previous experience working in a Manufacturing environment with Suppliers and Customers
• Must be a self-motivated individual who possesses the ability to analyze,organize,plan and prioritize assignments/tasks to achieve positive results
• This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance, therefore you must be able to obtain/maintain a security clearance
Compensation package consists of a base salary, quarterly bonus opportunities, 401K with company match, tuition reimbursement, and a highly competitive health benefits package.
Why consider the opportunity?
• They are an Award-winning company, being recognized for their excellence by world-renowned organizations such as Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, and NASA.
• This is a newly created position, and this person will have the ability to have their voice heard and make a direct impact as the company grows.
• They have created a culture where CI is a critical component of and not a flavor of the month.
• Ownership and the CEO are very hands-on and have built good relationships with the employees.
• The ownership team is fully committed to continued growth, re-investing funds to ensure that they live up to their promise of developing best in class technology, superior quality, and world-class service.
For more information, please contact:
VP/ Practice Leader
Duffy Group, Inc.