There is still time to register for next week’s section meeting Healthcare Process Improvement – Early Sepsis Identification
Date & Time: June 13, 2017 from 6:30 – 8:30 PM
Location: Spanish Tavern 103 McWhorter Street – Newark, NJ 07105 (MapIt)
Continue reading Reminder: Are you attending next week’s Section Meeting?
This month’s member gift bundle: Change Management
Have you ever had an idea for a change in your organization only to be challenged at every turn by others who can’t seem to see your vision as clearly as you do but, oddly enough, can easily find lots of barriers?
To help you meet this challenge and become a more successful agent of change, here are a few of the resources we’ve gathered for you this month:
• New webcast: We Move Our Own Cheese: Championing Change, with bonus checklists, plus additional expert webcasts
• Complete e-book: The Magic of Self-Directed Work Teams: A Case Study in Courage and Culture Change
• New portable MP3s to listen to on the go, and much more!
Your exclusive member gift will be available through June 30, 2017.
In this month’s ASQ Member gift, we share resources around two systemic approaches to quality, past and present – Total Quality Management (TQM) and Integrated Management Systems (IMS.)
- Webcasts on integrated management systems and total quality management
- Complete e-book, Integrated Management Systems
- Complete handbook, Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence, Third Edition
- And much more!
Your exclusive member gift will be available through May 31, 2017.
5 Lens is a lean management methodology comprises of 5 different elements. 1) Voice of Customer – understanding what customers want and need. 2) Process Efficiency – streamline processes by removing waste, variability and rigidity and standardize execution. 3) Metrics and Results – Measure selected KPIs and establish continuous improvement culture. 4) Mindsets and Behaviors – create common team vision, compelling change story, and link Lean behaviors to appraisal and rewards. 5) Organization and Skills – Review organizational setup, spans of controls, skills and assess alignment to serve Customer needs
Continue reading October Section Meeting: Improving Operations Using the 5 Lens Methodology
Sepsis is associated with a high risk of mortality. The number of deaths in US due to sepsis has increased from 154,159 in 2000 to 207,427 in 2007. The main objective of this presentation is to demonstrate utilization of process improvement and system redesign methodologies for the purpose of improving broad spectrum antibiotics administration within 1 hour of severe sepsis/septic shock recognition, and studying its effect on mortality.
Continue reading June Section Meeting: Healthcare Process Improvement – Early Sepsis Identification
Great companies manage performance by looking at teams, not drudging through annual performance reviews. Agile Performance Management helps organizations understand how teams helping fulfill corporate goals and improve agile teams so that they can meet those goals. Social recognition and frequent feedback are the heart of agile. Skill development and just-in-time learning are investments that pay off. Measuring teams performance, providing feedback, and giving the tools to meet expectations – that’s what’s replacing tortuous annual performance reviews.
Agile Performance Management provides a full continuum of meaningful performance – and it happens all the time, not just every 6-months.
This presentation describes how organizations that have implemented the Agile Performance Management program can be successful in many ways:
• supporting a style of work that is collaborative, social and fast moving
• aligning the performance of teams with the goals of the organization
• providing employees with a voice in influencing individual, team and organizational performance
• providing supervisors with the skills they need to coach and counsel employees and teams every day, not just at annual appraisal times
• providing the organization with a health check of their training and organizational development efforts by gathering cumulative information about performance management trends
Continue reading May Section Meeting: Agile Performance Management
This month’s ASQ member gift bundle: Auditing
In this month’s gift, ASQ is revisiting a very important topic and expertise critical to any organization—auditing.
- New webcast on advanced quality auditing
- Additional webcasts on auditing basics and process auditing
- Complete e-book, Auditing Beyond Compliance
- Checklists, tools and templates
- And much more!
Continue reading ASQ April Membership Gift: Auditing