September 19th – Healthcare: Value based Payment Model @ the Spanish Tavern in Newark
No? Well you still have plenty of time to register and attend these events:
- September 19th – Healthcare: Value based Payment Model @ the Spanish Tavern in Newark
- October 5th – Improving operations using the 5 lens methodology @ the Spanish Tavern in Newark
- November 14th – Continuous Improvement Principles Applied to PMI’s Project Management Body of Knowledge @ Song Kran Restaurant in New York City (Manhattan)
For more information just click on the links above. Hope we see you at one of the events.
Over the last few years, there has been a significant shift throughout our health care system to move to a delivery and payment model known as value-based care (in replacement for Fee for service model). The value based is a solution to address rise in healthcare cost and focus on quality. This transition is very challenging, and the need for process improvements initiative is very imperative during the transitional period.
Presenter: Toyin Adegbonmire, MS, Blackbelt, is a Provider Reimbursement Manager at Healthfirst. She received her Bachelor’s degree in Health Administration from University of Maryland Baltimore County and Master’s in Technology Management with a concentration in Project Management degree from University of Maryland University College. She has been working in the healthcare industry for 10+ years with diverse experience in Health IT, Revenue recovery, Managed care organization and Skilled Nursing. Toyin is currently leading an improvement initiative to improve the claims auto adjudication process at Healthfirst.
In this new ASQ member gift we’re diving into problem-solving tools and the various iterations of the powerful improvement method known as the eight disciplines (8D). Included in this gift are webcast introductions, audiocasts for portable learning, and a complete never-before-shared eBook on organizational improvement through problem-solving. Also included are case studies, articles, and videos showing how various organizations and industries can apply these problem-solving techniques. Included in this gift are:
• Two webcasts: Introduction to 8D Problem-Solving and Solution Analysis Problem-Solving
• Complete eBook: Outcomes, Performance, Structure: Three Keys to Organizational Excellence
• Sampler eBook containing an overview of the 8D process, case studies and applications
• Plus additional case studies and articles on problem-solving methods
Access Your Member Gift
Your exclusive member gift will be available through July 31, 2017.
The Project Management Institute‘s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) has several knowledge areas and processes that a Project Manager and project team to perform in order to effectively plan and execute any type of project. Since Project Managers are often pressured to complete projects within certain constraints while following the PMBOK project life cycle, it is important to effectively navigate through the several knowledge areas and processes associated with PMBOK. Lean Six Sigma tools and concepts can be utilized to navigate through the several knowledge areas and processes of PMBOK. The effective integration of these tools and concepts into the PMBOK project life cycle can also help to streamline the PMBOK project life cycle but also complete projects within their constraints but also exceed expectations.
Continue reading November Section Meeting: Continuous Improvement Principles Applied to the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
There is still time to register for next week’s section meeting Healthcare Process Improvement – Early Sepsis Identification
Date & Time: June 13, 2017 from 6:30 – 8:30 PM
Location: Spanish Tavern 103 McWhorter Street – Newark, NJ 07105 (MapIt)
Continue reading Reminder: Are you attending next week’s Section Meeting?
This month’s member gift bundle: Change Management
Have you ever had an idea for a change in your organization only to be challenged at every turn by others who can’t seem to see your vision as clearly as you do but, oddly enough, can easily find lots of barriers?
To help you meet this challenge and become a more successful agent of change, here are a few of the resources we’ve gathered for you this month:
• New webcast: We Move Our Own Cheese: Championing Change, with bonus checklists, plus additional expert webcasts
• Complete e-book: The Magic of Self-Directed Work Teams: A Case Study in Courage and Culture Change
• New portable MP3s to listen to on the go, and much more!
Your exclusive member gift will be available through June 30, 2017.
In this month’s ASQ Member gift, we share resources around two systemic approaches to quality, past and present – Total Quality Management (TQM) and Integrated Management Systems (IMS.)
- Webcasts on integrated management systems and total quality management
- Complete e-book, Integrated Management Systems
- Complete handbook, Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence, Third Edition
- And much more!
Your exclusive member gift will be available through May 31, 2017.