Over the last few years, there has been a significant shift throughout our health care system to move to a delivery and payment model known as value-based care (in replacement for Fee for service model). The value based is a solution to address rise in healthcare cost and focus on quality. This transition is very challenging, and the need for process improvements initiative is very imperative during the transitional period.
Presenter: Toyin Adegbonmire, MS, Blackbelt, is a Provider Reimbursement Manager at Healthfirst. She received her Bachelor’s degree in Health Administration from University of Maryland Baltimore County and Master’s in Technology Management with a concentration in Project Management degree from University of Maryland University College. She has been working in the healthcare industry for 10+ years with diverse experience in Health IT, Revenue recovery, Managed care organization and Skilled Nursing. Toyin is currently leading an improvement initiative to improve the claims auto adjudication process at Healthfirst.
Continue reading September Section Meeting: Healthcare Value based Payment Model
In this new ASQ member gift we’re diving into problem-solving tools and the various iterations of the powerful improvement method known as the eight disciplines (8D). Included in this gift are webcast introductions, audiocasts for portable learning, and a complete never-before-shared eBook on organizational improvement through problem-solving. Also included are case studies, articles, and videos showing how various organizations and industries can apply these problem-solving techniques. Included in this gift are:
• Two webcasts: Introduction to 8D Problem-Solving and Solution Analysis Problem-Solving
• Complete eBook: Outcomes, Performance, Structure: Three Keys to Organizational Excellence
• Sampler eBook containing an overview of the 8D process, case studies and applications
• Plus additional case studies and articles on problem-solving methods
Access Your Member Gift
Your exclusive member gift will be available through July 31, 2017.
There is still time to register for next week’s section meeting Healthcare Process Improvement – Early Sepsis Identification
Date & Time: June 13, 2017 from 6:30 – 8:30 PM
Location: Spanish Tavern 103 McWhorter Street – Newark, NJ 07105 (MapIt)
Tickets (includes dinner):
This month’s member gift bundle: Change Management
Have you ever had an idea for a change in your organization only to be challenged at every turn by others who can’t seem to see your vision as clearly as you do but, oddly enough, can easily find lots of barriers?
To help you meet this challenge and become a more successful agent of change, here are a few of the resources we’ve gathered for you this month:
• New webcast: We Move Our Own Cheese: Championing Change, with bonus checklists, plus additional expert webcasts
• Complete e-book: The Magic of Self-Directed Work Teams: A Case Study in Courage and Culture Change
• New portable MP3s to listen to on the go, and much more!
Your exclusive member gift will be available through June 30, 2017.
Sepsis is associated with a high risk of mortality. The number of deaths in US due to sepsis has increased from 154,159 in 2000 to 207,427 in 2007. The main objective of this presentation is to demonstrate utilization of process improvement and system redesign methodologies for the purpose of improving broad spectrum antibiotics administration within 1 hour of severe sepsis/septic shock recognition, and studying its effect on mortality.
Continue reading June Section Meeting: Healthcare Process Improvement – Early Sepsis Identification
Great companies manage performance by looking at teams, not drudging through annual performance reviews. Agile Performance Management helps organizations understand how teams helping fulfill corporate goals and improve agile teams so that they can meet those goals. Social recognition and frequent feedback are the heart of agile. Skill development and just-in-time learning are investments that pay off. Measuring teams performance, providing feedback, and giving the tools to meet expectations – that’s what’s replacing tortuous annual performance reviews.
Agile Performance Management provides a full continuum of meaningful performance – and it happens all the time, not just every 6-months.
This presentation describes how organizations that have implemented the Agile Performance Management program can be successful in many ways:
• supporting a style of work that is collaborative, social and fast moving
• aligning the performance of teams with the goals of the organization
• providing employees with a voice in influencing individual, team and organizational performance
• providing supervisors with the skills they need to coach and counsel employees and teams every day, not just at annual appraisal times
• providing the organization with a health check of their training and organizational development efforts by gathering cumulative information about performance management trends
Continue reading May Section Meeting: Agile Performance Management
This month’s ASQ member gift bundle: Auditing
In this month’s gift, ASQ is revisiting a very important topic and expertise critical to any organization—auditing.
- New webcast on advanced quality auditing
- Additional webcasts on auditing basics and process auditing
- Complete e-book, Auditing Beyond Compliance
- Checklists, tools and templates
- And much more!
Continue reading ASQ April Membership Gift: Auditing
Due to the inclement weather forecast for the NYC area the ASQ NY/NJ March Section Meeting has been rescheduled to March 28 – same time 6:30-8:30 pm, same place Havana NY 58 W 38th Street New York, NY 10018 (MapIt).
If you would like to attend the discussion on the Transition to Value-based Healthcare section meeting you can still register below: