Can you design best-in-class process automation solutions? Then we need you to help deliver large-scale digital transformation programs across UBS.
The digital solution design architect / specialist leads an important part of digitizing and automating business processes by designing solutions that can significantly improve client and employee experience as well as increase straight-through processing. You do that by working closely with process analysts, SME’s and IT counterparts translating current state challenges into future state solutions and detail out the corresponding specifications and requirements. During the diagnose and design stage, this means you’ll enjoy challenging status quo and take pride in finding the most optimal solution to improve performance. During implementation, you shift more towards the role of the problem-solver who ensures timely and high-quality delivery from all involved parties.
Your key tasks and responsibilities include the following:
– Collaborate actively with process analysts and partner with business engagement leads to design implementable technical solutions that leverage process automation technologies
– Co-design and validate future state processes that are compatible with future state digital solution
– Provide expertise in defining the best solution options for any given opportunity
– Support business case development by helping to size the opportunity implementation effort and cost
– Develop solution design specifications to UBS standard for digital solutions
– Troubleshoot and manage problem solving during the solution build and test phases
– Team leadership and management support of digital configurators incl. external vendor resources
– Build thought leadership and expertise around best-practice digital solution design and implementation
Continue reading Digital PEX Solution Design Architect: UBS, Weehawken, NJ
Are you passionate about change do you want to make a difference in an organization? We’re looking for someone who is able to collaborate with all levels within the organization and who can:
- Assess current conditions from 5 different angles (Voice of the Customer, Process Efficiency, Metrics & Results, Mindsets & Behaviors and Organization & Skills)
- Solve problems, optimize processes and introduce new ways of working with a focus on Continuous Improvement
- Deliver PEX initiatives which include optimization projects and Target Operating Model design
- Implement solutions and ensure sustainable change
- Lead opportunity assessments to identify suitable processes for automation
- Collaborate with Digital PEX engagement leads and solution design specialists in identifying automation solutions
- Coach client teams on tools and methods and help line managers with the consistent implementation of the UBS PEX Way
Continue reading Digital Change Agent: UBS, Weehawken, NJ
Are you a multitasker and good at managing stakeholders? We are looking for someone who can connect the dots easily, maneuver safely in a complex environment and who can:
– Lead PEX initiatives which include optimization projects and Target Operating Model design, to deliver quantifiable effectiveness and efficiency benefits
– Ensure a consistent way in leveraging the UBS PEX Way
– Identify transformational levers across the 5 lenses
– Coach key stakeholders on their role as lean managers within the lean management system
– Coach project teams on tools and methods deployment, and help line managers with the consistent implementation of the UBS PEX Way
– Collaborate with Digital PEX engagement leads and solution design specialists in identifying automation solutions
Your experience and skills
– Academic degree or equivalent
– 5 – 10 years of work experience working as a project manager or consultant, with previous experience in leading change teams
– Proven knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: Process Optimization, Continuous Improvement, Robotics Process Automation, Target Operating Model design, Business Process Management (BPM)
– The necessary gravitas to network and build strong relationships with peers and stakeholders at all levels
– Good understanding of operational
Please apply online at: https://jobs.ubs.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25008&siteid=5012&AReq=155390BR
September 19th – Healthcare: Value based Payment Model @ the Spanish Tavern in Newark
The 40th ASQ North Jersey Annual “Spring Quality Training Conference” March 29th, 2018 organized by the ASQ North Jersey Section 304
Proposals will be reviewed by the Committee for relevance, innovation, demonstrated application, and technical content. Priority will be given to new and unique approaches that have resulted in measurable improvements to organizational processes and customer satisfaction. The following is a list of suggested topics; however, you are not limited to the list. Feel free to send proposals in all areas that you feel are relevant.
Continue reading CALL for PAPERS!!!
Over the last few years, there has been a significant shift throughout our health care system to move to a delivery and payment model known as value-based care (in replacement for Fee for service model). The value based is a solution to address rise in healthcare cost and focus on quality. This transition is very challenging, and the need for process improvements initiative is very imperative during the transitional period.
Presenter: Toyin Adegbonmire, MS, Blackbelt, is a Provider Reimbursement Manager at Healthfirst. She received her Bachelor’s degree in Health Administration from University of Maryland Baltimore County and Master’s in Technology Management with a concentration in Project Management degree from University of Maryland University College. She has been working in the healthcare industry for 10+ years with diverse experience in Health IT, Revenue recovery, Managed care organization and Skilled Nursing. Toyin is currently leading an improvement initiative to improve the claims auto adjudication process at Healthfirst.
Continue reading September Section Meeting: Healthcare Value based Payment Model
In this new ASQ member gift we’re diving into problem-solving tools and the various iterations of the powerful improvement method known as the eight disciplines (8D). Included in this gift are webcast introductions, audiocasts for portable learning, and a complete never-before-shared eBook on organizational improvement through problem-solving. Also included are case studies, articles, and videos showing how various organizations and industries can apply these problem-solving techniques. Included in this gift are:
• Two webcasts: Introduction to 8D Problem-Solving and Solution Analysis Problem-Solving
• Complete eBook: Outcomes, Performance, Structure: Three Keys to Organizational Excellence
• Sampler eBook containing an overview of the 8D process, case studies and applications
• Plus additional case studies and articles on problem-solving methods
Access Your Member Gift
Your exclusive member gift will be available through July 31, 2017.