Organizational, Team, and Individual Excellence
In this new and exclusive gift, we’ll be learning and sharing lots of great resources on excellence! Whether you’re focused on personal, team, or organizational excellence, there’s something here for you.
We’ve gathered the following resources:
• Best-selling eBooks – Insights to Performance Excellence and Best Practice in Team Excellence
• Expert webcasts series – Team Excellence and An Introduction to Excellence Framework
• ASQTV videos – New approach to acheiving organizational and team sucess along with tips and best practices from industry leaders
• Downloadable content, including multiple industry case studies, benchmarking reports, articles
• And much more…so access this gift today before it’s gone!
Your exclusive member gift will be available through September 30, 2018.
Beginning with a thought exercise on robots, we will consider aspects of intelligence we have come to expect from automation. Given two clear technology trajectories and certain potential technical disruptors, we’ll consider the time-distance to a horizon beyond which we cannot see clearly. Next is the hard part: what defines the intelligence quality? Assuming artificial intelligence (AI) is a bundled set of responses to stimuli and query, a personality will emerge. What kinds of personalities are we going to specify in upcoming technology? Who will corporations entrust to set the tolerances for mission assurance parameters and establish risk registers? This talk will make the case that because of AI’s shortening of the time-horizon in technology, leadership positions will transition from engineers to liberal arts majors.
Presented By: Dr. Beth Kujan, PMP, LEED AP BD+C
Beth Kujan – Dr. Kujan is a classically trained materials scientist and an engineering project manager. She currently works at NJIT on a grant to support talent networks in Life Sciences, Health Care, Advanced Manufacturing and Construction and Utilities by providing specialized data analysis and information on technology trends. Prior to NJIT, she served as VP Market development for ARL Designs LLC, an advanced materials startup company. Dr. Kujan secured $1M+ in grants and paid evaluations from potential customers. Like many engineers in NJ, Dr. Kujan is an alumna of Bell Labs Murray Hill. She was a founding board member of Green Vision, Inc. a 501c3 hiring an autistic workforce.
Dr. Kujan earned her PhD in Materials Science from Cornell University and her BS from MIT. She holds a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification. Dr. Kujan currently freelances as a project manager and/or subject matter expert.
Continue reading October 2018 Section Meeting: Quality Aspects as Artificial Intelligence Progresses
Are you over thinking how to get that job?
Did you know there are essentially two steps to getting a job?
What does it take to stand out in the world of work?
Everyone has a personal brand. The question is, does your brand accurately represent who you are? It serves to reason that a strong brand is preferable to a weak one. In this session, Alex Freund, The Landing Expert, shares how to create a strong, compelling brand that will have companies wanting you for the position.
Companies spend millions every year building their brands. They are carefully crafted and vigorously defended. You need to put the same effort into your brand.
Looking at the job search process, hiring managers and human resource officials determine evaluate you quickly and based on few inputs. The good news is you have the opportunity to stand out.
Delivering your brand clearly and consistently is just as important, but first you need to understand what a brand is and isn’t. Alex explores “branding” and the art of creating a distinct brand for yourself. He will share which variables are most often used by Human Resources determining whether to call you in for an interview or not.
So whether you want to learn how create your own brand, become known in a new career field, or attract interviews, it may boil down to the quality of your brand.
During this event, you will:
- Look at the concept of brand is (and isn’t)
- Explore what it takes to build your awesome brand
- Learn what it takes to be the candidate
- Be taught how to position yourself to hear “Yes. It’s you we want.”
- Examine determinants of your brand
- Gain valuable insights to landing a job and doing the “happy dance”
Continue reading September 2018 Section Meeting: Branding For Landing
There is still time to join us for our last section meeting before the summer break.
Join us for a discussion around the Workforce Issues for NJ Manufacturers and the Need for Skilled Workers
Registration (includes dinner):
Happy 50th Anniversary to ASQ’s Certifications!
ASQ’s first certification exam was held in 1968. Now, 50 years later, ASQ has granted nearly 500,000 certifications around the world and across industries.
In this gift ASQ is celebrating this incredible milestone with lots of resources for you, whether you’re considering a certification, preparing for an exam, or already certified and maintaining your professional requirements.
We hope you enjoy this very special gift, and thanks again for being a champion of quality!
Your exclusive member gift will be available through June 30, 2018.
Did You Also Know?
By maintaining an active membership with ASQ, you are able to receive 0.5 RUs per 12 months of membership.
Visit asq.org/cert/recertification for more information about recertification.
DID YOU KNOW that you have access to nearly 40,000 ASQ quality resources including articles, case studies, industry reports, tools and templates, topic introductions, free e-books, webcasts and videos, sample chapters, newsletters, and expert blogs?
With so many resources available to ASQ members, we thought it would be helpful to remind you of all the ideas, applications, and solutions you can access when you need them and where to find them. Plus, we’ve included lots of free bonuses with this gift, too!
- New Member Benefit for Full Members! 25 years of the Quality Management Journal and nearly 50 years of the Journal of Quality Technology
- Five of our most popular webcast series, including a seven-part series on Basic Quality Tools
- ASQTV video introductions to quality topics, along with tips and best practices from industry leaders
- Career resources, including expert articles, career coach videos, an annual salary report, a free newsletter, and a full Career Center with updated nationwide job postings
Your exclusive member gift will be available through May 31, 2018.
Continue reading May Member Gift Bundle
ISO and Auditing
Whether it’s internal operations, ISO 9000 compliance, or supplier management, auditing plays a key role in ensuring that systems are not only optimized for meeting output goals, but also improving to stay competitive in the marketplace and innovative when delivering on customer needs.
To help prepare you for ISO 9001 transition and your next continuous improvement challenge, we’ve gathered the following resources:
• Complete e-book: Cracking the Case of ISO 9001:2015 for Manufacturing, 3rd Edition
• Six popular webcasts, including the two-part series, Auditing a Process-Based Quality Management System
• A sampling from the new handbook, How to Audit ISO 9001:2015 – A Handbook for Auditors, featuring checklists and worksheets
• More than a dozen templates and checklists for ensuring successful internal audits
Your exclusive member gift will be available through April 30, 2018.
Watch All Webcasts and Earn 0.5 Recertification Units!
Viewing all the webcasts in this month’s member gift is equal to 0.5 RUs as a Home Study activity under Courses. Please indicate ASQ as the sponsor and list in the activity the titles of webcasts viewed when claiming RUs in your Recertification Journal. In addition, keep this promotional email and append to verify this promotion.
Visit https://asq.org/cert/recertification for more information about recertification.
We have officially launched our LinkedIn page for our ASQ NY/NJ Metro Section! Stay updated on our events and news through our page.