We have launched an the official LinkedIn company page to support the Section. Please follow the link below to join:
My name is David Levy. I am the elected Regional Director (RD) for Region 3. December 31, 2017 ends my term as RD. On January 1, 2018 Mike D’Onofrio, currently a Deputy RD (DRD) will take over as your new RD.
You may be wondering why I am telling you this. As a member of a section in Region 3 you should be aware that we serve your section in this elected position and your section leadership selected each of us for this position. Part of our role is representing you and your section on the Section Affairs Council (SAC) which established policies and practices for sections plus providing guidance in all that the section leaders do to serve you, the members.
Hopefully you are still with me. Both the RD role, and those of section leaders, is as a volunteer. ASQ refers to volunteers as Member Leaders. The RD position requires that we provide training to member leaders to help them understand their section roles and responsibilities and help deliver value to members.
Maybe you see where I’m going with this. Because member leaders are. . .members . . . we are inviting you, along with all current section member leaders to attend our annual Region 3 training, at no cost to you. So, whether you are a current section leader, considering becoming a section member leader, or had no clue, but are now interested in learning more, you are welcome to attend this event. Learn about ASQ, section operating requirements, and various roles in section leadership. Get a light breakfast, free lunch, snacks, and 0.8 re-certification units. Meet current leaders of your section. Network with other ASQ members in the region. It’ll be a good time.
Saturday, November 18, 2017
Registration: 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM
Program 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Continue reading Member Leader Training Opportunity
No? Well you still have plenty of time to register and attend these events:
- September 19th – Healthcare: Value based Payment Model @ the Spanish Tavern in Newark
- October 5th – Improving operations using the 5 lens methodology @ the Spanish Tavern in Newark
- November 14th – Continuous Improvement Principles Applied to PMI’s Project Management Body of Knowledge @ Song Kran Restaurant in New York City (Manhattan)
For more information just click on the links above. Hope we see you at one of the events.
Proposals will be reviewed by the Committee for relevance, innovation, demonstrated application, and technical content. Priority will be given to new and unique approaches that have resulted in measurable improvements to organizational processes and customer satisfaction. The following is a list of suggested topics; however, you are not limited to the list. Feel free to send proposals in all areas that you feel are relevant.
Continue reading CALL for PAPERS!!!
In this new ASQ member gift we’re diving into problem-solving tools and the various iterations of the powerful improvement method known as the eight disciplines (8D). Included in this gift are webcast introductions, audiocasts for portable learning, and a complete never-before-shared eBook on organizational improvement through problem-solving. Also included are case studies, articles, and videos showing how various organizations and industries can apply these problem-solving techniques. Included in this gift are:
• Two webcasts: Introduction to 8D Problem-Solving and Solution Analysis Problem-Solving
• Complete eBook: Outcomes, Performance, Structure: Three Keys to Organizational Excellence
• Sampler eBook containing an overview of the 8D process, case studies and applications
• Plus additional case studies and articles on problem-solving methods
Access Your Member Gift
Your exclusive member gift will be available through July 31, 2017.
This month’s member gift bundle: Change Management
Have you ever had an idea for a change in your organization only to be challenged at every turn by others who can’t seem to see your vision as clearly as you do but, oddly enough, can easily find lots of barriers?
To help you meet this challenge and become a more successful agent of change, here are a few of the resources we’ve gathered for you this month:
• New webcast: We Move Our Own Cheese: Championing Change, with bonus checklists, plus additional expert webcasts
• Complete e-book: The Magic of Self-Directed Work Teams: A Case Study in Courage and Culture Change
• New portable MP3s to listen to on the go, and much more!
Your exclusive member gift will be available through June 30, 2017.
In this month’s ASQ Member gift, we share resources around two systemic approaches to quality, past and present – Total Quality Management (TQM) and Integrated Management Systems (IMS.)
- Webcasts on integrated management systems and total quality management
- Complete e-book, Integrated Management Systems
- Complete handbook, Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence, Third Edition
- And much more!
Your exclusive member gift will be available through May 31, 2017.