On Saturday, December 7th , come join your ASQ colleagues for a 3-hour dinner cruise around NYC Manhattan waterways in the Entertainment Cruises ship Spirit of New Jersey. You will enjoy the sights, lights and sounds of NY City and New Jersey as you cruise with your colleagues, family and friends and enjoy the food, beverages, sounds and dancing of an on-board disc jockey. The buffet dinner served will offer a choice of meat and seafood entrees and dishes for vegetarians as well. ASQ Section 300 members may bring spouses, family and friends.Continue reading Section 300 Holiday Cruise of NYC Manhattan Waterways
The election of the open Region Director positions has been finalized. Please congratulate the following individuals on being elected Region Director.
The period for nominations for the open Board of Director positions from the GCC is now open. Thank you to everyone who played a role in this process.
- John Conner has been elected Region Director for the North Atlantic Region (1).
- Dan Sniezek has been elected Region Director for the Mid-Atlantic Region (3).
- Michael Kirchner has been elected Region Director for the South Atlantic Region (5).
- Kelly Roggenkamp has been elected Region Director for the East South Central Region (7).
- Therese Steiner has been elected Region Director for the East North Central Region (9).
- Lawrence Mossman has been elected Region Director for the West North Central Region (11).
- C.G. Mistry has been elected Region Director for the Pacific Region (13).
If you have not yet signed up for myASQ, please take a few minutes to log in, create a profile, and start exploring the many communities, resources, events and more.
If you have a regular ASQ account, you automatically have access to myasq.org through the same log-in. On your first visit to my.asq.org, you will need to log in to be recognized. For more information about myASQ, and to join our myASQ Community, please refer to the FAQs page here.
Our NY/NJ Metro Section ASQ Community has already gone “public”. This will allow members to access information about upcoming events, newsletters and more, and to join discussion groups and provide ideas and feedback through communications via the site. Portions of our myASQ will also be accessible to the general public as well. By the end of the year, we will eventually transition from our current public website to having everything available through our myASQ Community. One of the main benefits of the myASQ community is the ability to expand your network and connect with others. The member directory and connections are exclusive member benefits. Other benefits include access to ASQ news and discussions on a number of quality-related topics.
We are pleased to announce that the NY/NJ Metropolitan Section Committee has received the Bronze award recognition for 2018.
The 2018 section Performance Awards & Recognition (PAR) results were recently announced by the ASQ’s Performance Awards & Recognition (PAR) committee. Where the section was recognized for achieving the bronze award recognition. This level was achieved by meeting the good standing requirements as well as meeting or exceeding the Member Value Metric.
Congratulations to everyone who supports the NY/NJ Metropolitan Section ans especially our volunteer committee members for your achievements. We are proud of your service to ASQ and continue to look forward to what is ahead for the section.
Complex Problem Solving
In this new ASQ member gift, ASQ is sharing lots of resources on various methodologies for complex problem solving, including root cause analysis, DMAIC, and 8D, to name a few. With advanced manufacturing and Quality 4.0 upon us, studies have shown that quality professionals with adept problem-solving skills will be more likely to survive and thrive. So, we’re here to get you ready! Access your member gift today!
Looking for ways to earn recertification units(RUs)? Viewing all the web-casts in this month’s member gift equals approximately 4.0 hours (or 0.4 RUs) of home study activity under courses. Visit asq.org/cert/recertification for details.
Your exclusive member gift will be available through November 30, 2018.
Don’t forget to register for next week’s Section Meeting on the Quality Aspects as Artificial Intelligence Progresses.
Dr. Beth Kujan will lead a discussion where we will consider aspects of intelligence we have come to expect from automation.
Organizational, Team, and Individual Excellence
In this new and exclusive gift, we’ll be learning and sharing lots of great resources on excellence! Whether you’re focused on personal, team, or organizational excellence, there’s something here for you.
We’ve gathered the following resources:
• Best-selling eBooks – Insights to Performance Excellence and Best Practice in Team Excellence
• Expert webcasts series – Team Excellence and An Introduction to Excellence Framework
• ASQTV videos – New approach to acheiving organizational and team sucess along with tips and best practices from industry leaders
• Downloadable content, including multiple industry case studies, benchmarking reports, articles
• And much more…so access this gift today before it’s gone!
Process Mapping and Improvement!
A picture of a process is truly worth a thousand words. Whether you’re implementing ISO 9001, Lean Six Sigma, Baldrige, or Business Process Management, process mapping and flowcharts play a critical role in understanding the current state of a process and its potential improvement.
In this gift we’re giving you lots of resources to help you realize these benefits, we’ve gathered the following resources:
• Best Selling eBooks on Process Mapping and Process Improvement!
• Webcasts and videos of experts and practitioners on process mapping and improvement topics.
• ASQTV, video introductions to process mapping topics, along with tips and best practices from industry leaders.
• Downloadable process templates, including Internal Audit Process Model, Calibration Process model, and many more!Access Your Member Gift
Did You Also Know?
By maintaining an active membership with ASQ, you are able to receive 0.5 RUs per 12 months of membership.
Visit asq.org/cert/recertification for more information about recertification.