ISO and Auditing
Whether it’s internal operations, ISO 9000 compliance, or supplier management, auditing plays a key role in ensuring that systems are not only optimized for meeting output goals, but also improving to stay competitive in the marketplace and innovative when delivering on customer needs.
To help prepare you for ISO 9001 transition and your next continuous improvement challenge, we’ve gathered the following resources:
• Complete e-book: Cracking the Case of ISO 9001:2015 for Manufacturing, 3rd Edition
• Six popular webcasts, including the two-part series, Auditing a Process-Based Quality Management System
• A sampling from the new handbook, How to Audit ISO 9001:2015 – A Handbook for Auditors, featuring checklists and worksheets
• More than a dozen templates and checklists for ensuring successful internal audits
Your exclusive member gift will be available through April 30, 2018.
Watch All Webcasts and Earn 0.5 Recertification Units!
Viewing all the webcasts in this month’s member gift is equal to 0.5 RUs as a Home Study activity under Courses. Please indicate ASQ as the sponsor and list in the activity the titles of webcasts viewed when claiming RUs in your Recertification Journal. In addition, keep this promotional email and append to verify this promotion.
Visit https://asq.org/cert/recertification for more information about recertification.
The risk of fraud is very real and unfortunately, happens often. Fraudulent activities have always been woven within the corporate fabric and cuts across industries, businesses and governmental establishments. History has shown that the impact of fraud can be catastrophic and have a lasting adverse effect. Fraud events have increased in recent years due to a variety of reasons including the financial benefit, opportunity, motive, justification or rationalization. Certainly, its awareness, prevention and early detection are very important in sustaining a quality management system. The discussion will include:
- Lessons Learned: Con Edison’s fight against fraud.
- The common areas of fraud risk and the key red flags to look for.
- A discussion of factors that create a perfect environment for fraud to thrive.
- An understanding of the components of quality management and how fraud hinders its achievement.
- Resourceful ways of combating fraud.
Continue reading Section Meeting: A Clog in the Wheel of Quality Management
Please join us for our April 2018 Section meeting where Corie LaRocco will lead an introduction to Quality in Aerospace Manufacturing. During the guided discussion we will explore various topics including:
- Company Quality Requirements for doing business
- Documentation & Flowdown
- Mfg – Working within standard requirements
- Special processes & certification
- Product approval
- Corrective / Preventative Action
- Continuous Improvement
Continue reading Program: Intro to Quality in Aerospace Manufacturing
Job Function Summary:
Responsible for providing leadership, managing, planning, executing and reporting on regulated Quality Assurance activities for internal/external audits. This individual is responsible for performing Internal, domestic and international audits(as appropriate) that ensure compliance with the FDA QSR, ISO, MDD, CMDR requirements, and other worldwide health authority regulations/guidelines, site SOPs, protocols, and industry standards, as applicable. The Auditor acts as a compliance resource and provides recommendations for corrective action and tracks corrective action commitments until closure.
Continue reading Senior Quality Engineer – Healthcare company
The 40th ASQ North Jersey Annual “Spring Quality Training Conference” March 29th, 2018 organized by the ASQ North Jersey Section 304
Proposals will be reviewed by the Committee for relevance, innovation, demonstrated application, and technical content. Priority will be given to new and unique approaches that have resulted in measurable improvements to organizational processes and customer satisfaction. The following is a list of suggested topics; however, you are not limited to the list. Feel free to send proposals in all areas that you feel are relevant.
Continue reading CALL for PAPERS!!!
This month’s ASQ member gift bundle: Auditing
In this month’s gift, ASQ is revisiting a very important topic and expertise critical to any organization—auditing.
- New webcast on advanced quality auditing
- Additional webcasts on auditing basics and process auditing
- Complete e-book, Auditing Beyond Compliance
- Checklists, tools and templates
- And much more!
Continue reading ASQ April Membership Gift: Auditing
39th Annual ASQ North Jersey Section “Spring Quality Training Conference” will be held on April 13th 2017.
Proposals will be reviewed by the Committee for relevance, innovation, demonstrated application, and technical content. Priority will be given to new and unique approaches that have resulted in measurable improvements to organizational processes and customer satisfaction. The following is a list of suggested topics; however, you are not limited to the list. Feel free to send proposals in all areas that you feel are relevant to this year’s theme “Quality Takes More Than Luck.”
Some Proposed Focus Areas:
- Leadership (Innovation, Change, Empowerment, Alignment to Goals)
- Auditing (Internal, External, 3rd Party, ISO, 16949, GMP)
- What’s New (Environmental, Regulatory, lessons learned etc.)
- Electronics (J-Standard, testing, inspecting, CEPM)
- FDA Regulated (Pharma, Medical Devices, Lessons Learned, Risk 14971)
- Lean and Six Sigma
Timeline Submit ASAP. The deadline for proposal submissions is September 30th, 2016.
Continue reading Call for Papers!! North New Jersey Spring 2017 Conference
Happy 70th, ASQ! In honor of their 70th year ASQ has stepped up their Member Gifts to give you even more useful resources as a thank you for being part of the community that promotes the ever-expanding uses and value of quality. For starters we’re focusing on one of the core elements and roles in quality — auditing.
Below you’ll find basic introductions to auditing, video overviews, webcasts mini-courses on auditing basics and process auditing, a complete e-book on e-auditing, and lots of additional articles, tools, and templates. Yes, this gift is one you should save and use time and again, if you have anything to do with auditing, risk management, CAPA, or continuous improvement projects. Enjoy!
Your exclusive member gift will be available through May 31.
The Auditing Bundle includes: