Please join us for our April 2018 Section meeting where Corie LaRocco will lead an introduction to Quality in Aerospace Manufacturing. During the guided discussion we will explore various topics including:
Communication & Stakeholder Management (MGE 525) – Mondays 1/22-5/7 from 7-8:50 PM at LIU Post
This course examines the people side of the interdisciplinary project team: leadership; hiring, training, and evaluating of personnel; and technical communications within the project team, with the organization’s managers, outside vendors, suppliers, and other project stake-holders.
Marketing in a Technical Environment (MGE 691) – Mondays 1/22 – 5/7 from 5-6:50 at LIU Post
This course highlights management techniques for marketing technical products and engineering services covers topics, which include: the marketing system, strategic marketing, market opportunity analysis, market planning, product strategy formulation, the marketing mix, the marketing organization, marketing research, marketing information systems and sales force decisions.
The objective of this course is to show you the benefits of using a systematic and analytical approach to marketing decision-making, and to build your skills and confidence in undertaking such analyses and decision-making. An analytical approach will enable you to: (1) identify alternative marketing options and actions, (2) calibrate the opportunity costs associated with each option, and (3) choose one or more options that have the highest likelihood of helping you achieve your business goals.
To Register or if you have additional questions please contact Brian J. Galli
Are you a multitasker and good at managing stakeholders? We are looking for someone who can connect the dots easily, maneuver safely in a complex environment and who can:
– Lead PEX initiatives which include optimization projects and Target Operating Model design, to deliver quantifiable effectiveness and efficiency benefits
– Ensure a consistent way in leveraging the UBS PEX Way
– Identify transformational levers across the 5 lenses
– Coach key stakeholders on their role as lean managers within the lean management system
– Coach project teams on tools and methods deployment, and help line managers with the consistent implementation of the UBS PEX Way
– Collaborate with Digital PEX engagement leads and solution design specialists in identifying automation solutions
Your experience and skills
– Academic degree or equivalent
– 5 – 10 years of work experience working as a project manager or consultant, with previous experience in leading change teams
– Proven knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: Process Optimization, Continuous Improvement, Robotics Process Automation, Target Operating Model design, Business Process Management (BPM)
– The necessary gravitas to network and build strong relationships with peers and stakeholders at all levels
– Good understanding of operational
5 Lens is a lean management methodology comprises of 5 different elements. 1) Voice of Customer – understanding what customers want and need. 2) Process Efficiency – streamline processes by removing waste, variability and rigidity and standardize execution. 3) Metrics and Results – Measure selected KPIs and establish continuous improvement culture. 4) Mindsets and Behaviors – create common team vision, compelling change story, and link Lean behaviors to appraisal and rewards. 5) Organization and Skills – Review organizational setup, spans of controls, skills and assess alignment to serve Customer needs Continue reading October Section Meeting: Improving Operations Using the 5 Lens Methodology→
Kaizen, the Japanese term for a “change for the better,” is synonymous with continuous improvement in quality. In practice, it’s an approach to continuous improvement that focuses on simplification by breaking down complex processes into their sub-processes and then improving them.
In this new content bundle, we’re diving into various iterations of this powerful improvement method and sharing with you:
• New webcast detailing the book, Kaizen Kanban
• Complete e-book, Modular Kaizen
• Additional webcasts, videos, and case studies to support your understanding and implementation of the kaizen efforts
• And much more!
We hope this month’s new bundle benefits you in your ongoing pursuit of becoming more efficient, effective, and competitive in serving your customers.
Your exclusive member gift will be available through February 28, 2017.