Ranked among the nation’s top 20 Construction Managers by Engineering News-Record, The LiRo Group provides construction management, engineering, environmental, architectural, and program management solutions for a broad range of public and private sector clients. We are seeking talented and motivated construction professionals to join our multi-disciplined team.
Our growth has created an immediate need for a Construction QA/QC Professional to assist in implementing, coordinating, training, and administering the LiRo Quality Management System (QMS) across all Business Units (which includes 800+ staff in Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering, Environmental, MEP, Resident Engineering Inspection, and Virtual Design services). This position will be based in either our Syosset, Long Island or lower Manhattan office and will spend 40-50% of the time at field construction sites located throughout New York City.
Continue reading Position available: Construction QA and QC Professional
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the customer interface for RMA requests, Product Change Notifications, and Requests for Waivers.
- Follow-up on customer audits by tracking, review and approval of corrective actions.
- Serve as internal quality system auditor
- Lead and participate in problem solving teams using root cause analysis and 8 D techniques.
- Support manufacturing in resolving quality issues with II-Vi products.
- Develop and coordinate internal activities in support of quality improvement initiatives.
- Occasional travel to back end processing facility in Lehigh Valley, PA. and to customer sites.
Continue reading Quality Engineer position available: Warren, NJ
The primary duties of the NY/NJ Area Quality & Records Coordinator include responsibility for implementing, coordinating, training, and administering the HDR Quality Management System (QMS) within the NY/NJ area and across all engineering Business Groups (which includes 500+ staff in transportation engineering, planning, water/wastewater, natural & water resources, civil engineering and environmental sciences, construction control, etc.). Will report directly to the NY/NJ Area Manager, and will manage and direct activities specific to the Area’s implementation of the corporate QMS. Will serve as a liaison between the Quality Office, Information Lifecycle Governance (ILG) Leadership, Internal QMS Audit Lead Auditors, and local leadership to advance NY/NJ Area with Quality and ILG objectives and expectations.
Continue reading Position available: NY/NJ Area Quality & Records Coordinator
Your next career move is all about preparation. ASQ‘s growing repository of career resources is available to help you get prepared.
This month ASQ is offer a sampling of some of their best resources to help you succeed, whether you’re building your professional portfolio or moving toward something new and more fulfilling.
Boost your career in 2017 with ASQ’s exclusive resources and tools, including:
- ASQ 2016 Salary Survey and Quality Progress’ Salary Calculator
- Free e-books on team excellence, process improvement, and innovation
- Career-focused articles, webcasts, and new ASQTV episodes on careers and the quality profession
Your exclusive member gift will be available through January 31, 2017.
Attend to explore the following with our Subject Matter Expert!
- Application of statistics, and development of techniques to improve quality and performance
- Role of statistics in Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Strategic Quality Planning
This could be what will drive your next big improvement project as a Quality Professional!
The evening will include dinner and intellectual stimulation with ASQ peers.
Location: Spanish Tavern 103 McWhorter Street – Newark, NJ 07105
Date & Time: March 8th, 2016 – 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Continue reading March Section Meeting: Special Topics in Quality and Statistics
The you should be attending Come to Lean it Today and Use it Tomorrow at the NYU Torch Club on November 3rd in New York City. The ASQ Metro Section 300, Lean Special Interest Group is sponsoring a one-day Lean Boot Camp, for $99.00 for ASQ members and $199.00 for non-members. Come to hear from leading experts in lean thinking, lean service and lean six sigma. Lunch is included! Seating is extremely limited.
Why ASQ Lean Special Interest Group Boot Camp
- Practical Experience from Practitioners, Educators and Consultants
- Setting Value not Price! Immediate Payback and High Return on Investment
- Quality Learning Experience. Assorted learning situations, simulations and engagement.
- Networking. Meet professionals in service, healthcare, education, retail, finance and more.
Hill Associates LLC has been engaged by Sikorsky Global Helicopters to help them recruit a candidate for the position Quality Manager/Chief Inspector for its Coatesville, Pennsylvania facility. This excellent opportunity reports to the VP Quality at Coatesville and is responsible for a Quality function of 90 inspectors and supervisors. This bonus eligible position comes with a competitive compensation package including relocation.
Continue reading Quality Manager/Chief Inspector – Sikorsky Global Helicopters
As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents. Continue reading Quality Engineering Manager (Billerica, MA)