The Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer will provide functional leadership for all activities related to Quality Assurance/Quality Control for our CATS product lines, consisting of both domestic and international product lines. The successful candidate will ensure high performance and high availability products that exceed our customer’s quality standards. This is a key position with responsibilities spanning the full product lifecycle. The ideal candidate is an established, self-motivated leader with deep experience and a track record of successfully leading teams and leveraging repeatable processes to deliver high value.
Quality is the responsibility of every team member within the Strato organization. It is the role of this position to align and integrate quality across the organization.
In this role, you will:
• Provide mentorship to support the quality discipline across the entire team
• Evaluate our current-state approach and results, and define and implement innovative approaches to improve quality through the introduction of new technologies, systems, methods and controls
• Lead ongoing process improvement efforts to ensure design, manufacturing and quality methodologies are effective, efficient, standardized and integrated.
Continue reading Senior Quality Assurance Engineer – Piscataway, NJ
This month’s ASQ member gift bundle: Auditing
In this month’s gift, ASQ is revisiting a very important topic and expertise critical to any organization—auditing.
- New webcast on advanced quality auditing
- Additional webcasts on auditing basics and process auditing
- Complete e-book, Auditing Beyond Compliance
- Checklists, tools and templates
- And much more!
Continue reading ASQ April Membership Gift: Auditing
ISO 9001:2015 and Risk-Based Thinking
Changes introduced in the 2015 revision were made with the intention of ensuring that ISO 9001 continues to adapt to the changing environments in which organizations operate. One key update everyone is talking about is the emphasis on risk-based thinking.
In this gift ASQ shares lots of resources that will help you better understand and apply risk-based thinking through your ISO 9001:2015 transition and after to the benefit of your customers and organization.
Your exclusive member gift will be available through November 30, 2016.
The ISO 9001:2015 and Risk-Based Thinking bundle includes:
- New Webcast – ISO 9001:2015 – Elevating quality with risk- based thinking (50 minutes)
- Complete E-book – Lean ISO 9001: Adding spark to your ISO 9001 QMS and sustainability to your lean efforts (248 pp) and webcast (54 minutes)
- Eight articles on ISO and risk including – Running a Risk: A process for seeing decisions’ potential risks and adverse effects
- Nine Standards Channel expert videos on ISO 9001 and risk
- And much more!
Thousands of organizations around the world are transitioning from ISO 9001:2008 to the 2015 version every month. For those of you still planning your transition process, here are lots of resources we hope will make it that much easier for you. Included are articles, case studies, and videos on the transition process to help you ensure a smoother and more value-added move into the new version.
The ISO 9001:2015 Transition Bundle includes:
- Document Control System Compliance Webcast (33 min)
- ISO 9001:2015 for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses Webcasts (40 min)
- 5 ways we can help you prepare (Infographic)
- Standards connection newsletter (Exclusive articles)
Your exclusive member gift will be available through June 30.
Please join the NJIT Student Section for the ASQ mini Ott Quality Conference on April 20th, 2016. For additional details or to register please contact Paul Ranky at email@example.com
The program will include presentations on:
- Quality Project Management in the Construction Industry
- Human Quality Errors in the HVAC Industry and Related Fields
- The Role of Graphic Design in Quality Construction Management
- Zero Defect Quality Simulation Workshop Based On Lean Six-sigma Method
Continue reading ASQ mini Ott Quality Conference at NJIT
Interested in ISO 9000 and impact of the 2015 revision? Join us tonight for our Section Meeting and learn more about the ISO 9000 Standards.
Trainer: James August, CMQ/OE, CQA. Quality Assurance Manager, CCL Industries Inc. James August is a quality professional with thirty years experience in commercial, industrial and military/aerospace manufacturing. He holds a Bachelor of Engineering from SUNY Stony Brook, a Masters in Materials Science from the same university and he completed postgraduate studies at the Colorado School of Mines. Currently, he is the Quality Assurance Manager for CCL Label Inc. in Robbinsville, NJ, where he is working on integrating ISO 9001, GMPs and Lean Manufacturing into a single business management system.
Continue reading Deriving Benefit from ISO 9001:2015 Workshop for QMS users – September 24th, 2015