The Operations/Value Stream Manager is responsible for the supervision of personnel and production on the shop floor. He/She implements Lean principles in their area; provides support and oversees the work performed by the Lead Associates; and maintains the physical plant within the assigned area. Continue reading Operations/Value Stream Manager (New York Area)
For over 30 years VSC, an independent subsidiary of Verify, Inc., has been a trusted resource to over 200 companies in aerospace, defense, and high-technology industries. This partnership has created worldwide opportunities for contract Project Specialists to work with our customers and their suppliers. Together, we ensure quality in supply chain and supplier management programs.
Continue reading Quality Source Inspection position (part-time)
This workshop is designed for auditors-in-training, auditors, audit supervisors and audit managers who have responsibility for auditing processes within management systems (e.g., quality, environmental, health and safety, and security management systems) in accordance with the requirements of ISO 19011, ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO/TS16949 and similar standards.
The workshop covers in detail (a) the considerations for establishing the overall auditing system (b) the differences in the processes for internal audit, supplier audit and third party audit, and (c) the process for performing an individual audit of any management system, in addition to quality, environmental, health and safety management systems – other than a financial management system.
Upon completion of this workshop, one will be able to:
- Use audit terminology;
- Understand the differences among internal, supplier and third party auditing;
- Understand the factors to be considered in establishing an integrated auditing system;
- Design, and, implement an integrated auditing system;
- Plan the auditing activities for a given time period;
- Establish the audit objective – "compliance-based" or "effectiveness-based";
- Establish the audit scope – "risk-based" or "non-risk based";
- Determine data collections techniques – "system-based" / "program-based", "performance-based" and/or "results-based";
- Lead the performance of any individual audit, step-by-step, in detail;
- Manage and assess the effectiveness of the integrated auditing system.
Nominations for the 2012-2013 period
The Nominating Committee nominated the following to serve on the NY/NJ Metropolitan Leadership Board for the year 2012-2013:
The following is an extract from our ByLaws regarding Nominations and Elections:
Send additional nominations to be received by 6 February 2012 to
Mr. Dakshina K. Murthy