On Saturday, December 7th , come join your ASQ colleagues for a 3-hour dinner cruise around NYC Manhattan waterways in the Entertainment Cruises ship Spirit of New Jersey. You will enjoy the sights, lights and sounds of NY City and New Jersey as you cruise with your colleagues, family and friends and enjoy the food, beverages, sounds and dancing of an on-board disc jockey. The buffet dinner served will offer a choice of meat and seafood entrees and dishes for vegetarians as well. ASQ Section 300 members may bring spouses, family and friends.Continue reading Section 300 Holiday Cruise of NYC Manhattan Waterways
The election of the open Region Director positions has been finalized. Please congratulate the following individuals on being elected Region Director.
The period for nominations for the open Board of Director positions from the GCC is now open. Thank you to everyone who played a role in this process.
- John Conner has been elected Region Director for the North Atlantic Region (1).
- Dan Sniezek has been elected Region Director for the Mid-Atlantic Region (3).
- Michael Kirchner has been elected Region Director for the South Atlantic Region (5).
- Kelly Roggenkamp has been elected Region Director for the East South Central Region (7).
- Therese Steiner has been elected Region Director for the East North Central Region (9).
- Lawrence Mossman has been elected Region Director for the West North Central Region (11).
- C.G. Mistry has been elected Region Director for the Pacific Region (13).
Many of us work in a regulated environment. Very recently the medical devices have come under the scrutiny of the Health Authorities. Please attend this meeting to find out what happened, what is being done about it and how pertinent regulation have been changed. Many of you probably don’t know what a medical device is. Believe or not a felt tipped pen would be considered a medical device if a surgeon uses it to draw on a patient to indicate an incision point. Come to this meeting and be educated as to new ideas and trends .
Presented by: Nancy J. Sperling, MS QA/RA, Green Belt and CQAContinue reading Setction Meeting: New Regulations for Managing Risk and Clinical Issues Aimed at the design of Medical Device
If you have not yet signed up for myASQ, please take a few minutes to log in, create a profile, and start exploring the many communities, resources, events and more.
If you have a regular ASQ account, you automatically have access to myasq.org through the same log-in. On your first visit to my.asq.org, you will need to log in to be recognized. For more information about myASQ, and to join our myASQ Community, please refer to the FAQs page here.
Our NY/NJ Metro Section ASQ Community has already gone “public”. This will allow members to access information about upcoming events, newsletters and more, and to join discussion groups and provide ideas and feedback through communications via the site. Portions of our myASQ will also be accessible to the general public as well. By the end of the year, we will eventually transition from our current public website to having everything available through our myASQ Community. One of the main benefits of the myASQ community is the ability to expand your network and connect with others. The member directory and connections are exclusive member benefits. Other benefits include access to ASQ news and discussions on a number of quality-related topics.
The NY/NJ Metropolitan Section will be hosting it’s annual Holiday/Awards Dinner to recognize and thank those individuals who have worked so hard to plan and implement the Section’s events over the past year. Please come and join the celebration
Date: Saturday December 1st at 6:30 PM to 10:30 PM
Location: The Manor, 111 Prospect Ave., West Orange, NJ (MapIt)
Registration: Deadline for registration is November 26th
Complex Problem Solving
In this new ASQ member gift, ASQ is sharing lots of resources on various methodologies for complex problem solving, including root cause analysis, DMAIC, and 8D, to name a few. With advanced manufacturing and Quality 4.0 upon us, studies have shown that quality professionals with adept problem-solving skills will be more likely to survive and thrive. So, we’re here to get you ready! Access your member gift today!
Looking for ways to earn recertification units(RUs)? Viewing all the web-casts in this month’s member gift equals approximately 4.0 hours (or 0.4 RUs) of home study activity under courses. Visit asq.org/cert/recertification for details.
Your exclusive member gift will be available through November 30, 2018.
Please join us this month for an high level overview of using Artificial Intelligence in Insurance and Legal Industries lead by Faheem Munshi. Some practical business use cases will be reviewed which has or currently is improving quality/productivity and reducing risks across the organization. Also, top ethical issues in artificial intelligence such as biasness, job and data security will be discussed.
- Accomplished Manager and Leader with more than 12 years of experience in Process Improvement,
Operational Excellence, Agile IT Project Management, Process Automation, Quality in Manufacturing & Finance industries.
- Currently, Assistant Vice President in Process Excellence in AIG driving the strategy for implementing process automation, artificial intelligence solutions for AIG Global Legal Department.
- Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Black Belt
Organizational, Team, and Individual Excellence
In this new and exclusive gift, we’ll be learning and sharing lots of great resources on excellence! Whether you’re focused on personal, team, or organizational excellence, there’s something here for you.
We’ve gathered the following resources:
• Best-selling eBooks – Insights to Performance Excellence and Best Practice in Team Excellence
• Expert webcasts series – Team Excellence and An Introduction to Excellence Framework
• ASQTV videos – New approach to acheiving organizational and team sucess along with tips and best practices from industry leaders
• Downloadable content, including multiple industry case studies, benchmarking reports, articles
• And much more…so access this gift today before it’s gone!