Please join us for our September 2016 Section meeting where Samir Joshi (Section Chair) & Sandor Juhasz (Treasurer) will be discussing the current state of the section along with a recap of the recent World Conference on Quality and Improvement (WCQI) conference.
- This Section meeting will focus on the current and future state of our committees, SIGs, leadership, and finance. We will be looking for volunteers and leaders for many vacant roles on our committees. If you are looking for interesting work to support your section this is the place to come to find these opportunities. Participating as a committee volunteer or leader greatly enhances your resume. We hope to see you there.
- Summary of activities from the World Conference on Quality and Improvement (WCQI).
Time and again research shows that one of the key prerequisites to successfully implementing quality programs and practices is buy-in of leadership. As a quality professional/practitioner it is imperative to effectively communicate the impact, risks, and financial costs of poor quality in a way that leadership will understand and be motivated by. From this need were born the concepts of cost of quality/cost of poor quality (CoQ/CoPQ).
In this gift we’ll get you started down the path of understanding and applying the principles and practices around CoQ/CoPQ, to both reveal opportunities for improvement and to better communicate the value and importance of quality, as it impacts the bottom line.
We include video introductions, webcast walkthroughs, articles, case studies, and not one but two completely free e-books on the topic. I know, it’s a lot of great info … our way of continuing to say thank you for being a part of the quality movement!
The Cost of Quality Bundle includes:
• The Cost of Quality (ASQ TV Episode)
• The Executive Guide to Understanding and Implementing Quality Cost Programs (e-book)
• The Hidden Factory (Webcast, 18 min.)
• An Introduction to the Cost of Quality (Webcast, 24 min.)
Changes usually don’t fail because there’s something inherently flawed about the change itself, they usually fail for human reasons. In most cases the promoters of the change did not attend to the healthy, real, and predictable reactions of normal people to a disturbance of their routines.
In this new ASQ Member Gift, they’ve gathered lots of great resources for you from their repository of knowledge, from introductions to the basic elements of change management to detailed case studies, to full e-books and expert videos on how to successfully maneuver the sometimes treacherous waters of change toward desired ends.
Enjoy this gift of resources and save it for your next transition or implementation—because if you’re not going through a change right now, it’s coming.
The Change Management Bundle includes:
Thousands of organizations around the world are transitioning from ISO 9001:2008 to the 2015 version every month. For those of you still planning your transition process, here are lots of resources we hope will make it that much easier for you. Included are articles, case studies, and videos on the transition process to help you ensure a smoother and more value-added move into the new version.
The ISO 9001:2015 Transition Bundle includes:
- Document Control System Compliance Webcast (33 min)
- ISO 9001:2015 for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses Webcasts (40 min)
- 5 ways we can help you prepare (Infographic)
- Standards connection newsletter (Exclusive articles)
Your exclusive member gift will be available through June 30.
Meet the Experts!
The 2016 World Conference on Quality and Improvement features five keynote speakers who will inspire you to make an impact on your career and organization through their own experiences and success stories.
Learn more about these experts before they take the stage and get ready for a world-class quality experience.
Online Registration Ends: May 11, 2016
2016 Keynote Speakers
Stephen J. Dubner – Award-Winning Author, Journalist, and Radio and TV Personality
James Kane – Renowned Loyalty Expert and Author
Liz Wiseman Best-Selling Author, Speaker, and Executive Advisor
Brian Little – Psychology Scholar and Best-Selling Author
Josh Linkner – Four-Time Tech Entrepreneur, Hyper-Growth CEO, Best-Selling Author, Venture Capitalist, and Keynote Speaker
Happy 70th, ASQ! In honor of their 70th year ASQ has stepped up their Member Gifts to give you even more useful resources as a thank you for being part of the community that promotes the ever-expanding uses and value of quality. For starters we’re focusing on one of the core elements and roles in quality — auditing.
Below you’ll find basic introductions to auditing, video overviews, webcasts mini-courses on auditing basics and process auditing, a complete e-book on e-auditing, and lots of additional articles, tools, and templates. Yes, this gift is one you should save and use time and again, if you have anything to do with auditing, risk management, CAPA, or continuous improvement projects. Enjoy!
The Auditing Bundle includes:
- Internal Auditing Process Maps, Models, and Checklists (E-book)
- eAuditing Fundamentals: Virtual Communication and Remote Auditing (PDF, KB)
- The Art of Integrating Strategic Planning, Process Metrics, Risk Mitigation, and Auditing (WebEx, 26 min)
- Auditing Process Based Quality Management Systems (WebEx, 125 min)
The NY/NJ Metropolitan Section of ASQ has $4,000 scholarships available for 2016!!
Please visit the Scholarship Program & Application page for complete eligibility details and this year’s application form.
The deadline for application is April 1st, 2016 for any questions contact: Susan Watson at Scholarship@metro-asq.org