Kaizen, the Japanese term for a “change for the better,” is synonymous with continuous improvement in quality. In practice, it’s an approach to continuous improvement that focuses on simplification by breaking down complex processes into their sub-processes and then improving them.
In this new content bundle, we’re diving into various iterations of this powerful improvement method and sharing with you:
• New webcast detailing the book, Kaizen Kanban
• Complete e-book, Modular Kaizen
• Additional webcasts, videos, and case studies to support your understanding and implementation of the kaizen efforts
• And much more!
We hope this month’s new bundle benefits you in your ongoing pursuit of becoming more efficient, effective, and competitive in serving your customers.
Your exclusive member gift will be available through February 28, 2017.
Your next career move is all about preparation. ASQ‘s growing repository of career resources is available to help you get prepared.
This month ASQ is offer a sampling of some of their best resources to help you succeed, whether you’re building your professional portfolio or moving toward something new and more fulfilling.
Boost your career in 2017 with ASQ’s exclusive resources and tools, including:
- ASQ 2016 Salary Survey and Quality Progress’ Salary Calculator
- Free e-books on team excellence, process improvement, and innovation
- Career-focused articles, webcasts, and new ASQTV episodes on careers and the quality profession
Your exclusive member gift will be available through January 31, 2017.
Please join us for our September 2016 Section meeting where Samir Joshi (Section Chair) & Sandor Juhasz (Treasurer) will be discussing the current state of the section along with a recap of the recent World Conference on Quality and Improvement (WCQI) conference.
Continue reading Join us for our Annual State of the Section Review
Please join us for our September 2016 Section meeting where Samir Joshi (Section Chair) & Sandor Juhasz (Treasurer) will be discussing:
- This Section meeting will focus on the current and future state of our committees, SIGs, leadership, and finance. We will be looking for volunteers and leaders for many vacant roles on our committees. If you are looking for interesting work to support your section this is the place to come to find these opportunities. Participating as a committee volunteer or leader greatly enhances your resume. We hope to see you there.
- Summary of activities from the World Conference on Quality and Improvement (WCQI).
Continue reading Section Meeting: State of the Section and WCQI Summary
Time and again research shows that one of the key prerequisites to successfully implementing quality programs and practices is buy-in of leadership. As a quality professional/practitioner it is imperative to effectively communicate the impact, risks, and financial costs of poor quality in a way that leadership will understand and be motivated by. From this need were born the concepts of cost of quality/cost of poor quality (CoQ/CoPQ).
In this gift we’ll get you started down the path of understanding and applying the principles and practices around CoQ/CoPQ, to both reveal opportunities for improvement and to better communicate the value and importance of quality, as it impacts the bottom line.
We include video introductions, webcast walkthroughs, articles, case studies, and not one but two completely free e-books on the topic. I know, it’s a lot of great info … our way of continuing to say thank you for being a part of the quality movement!
Your exclusive member gift will be available through August 31.
The Cost of Quality Bundle includes:
• The Cost of Quality (ASQ TV Episode)
• The Executive Guide to Understanding and Implementing Quality Cost Programs (e-book)
• The Hidden Factory (Webcast, 18 min.)
• An Introduction to the Cost of Quality (Webcast, 24 min.)
Changes usually don’t fail because there’s something inherently flawed about the change itself, they usually fail for human reasons. In most cases the promoters of the change did not attend to the healthy, real, and predictable reactions of normal people to a disturbance of their routines.
In this new ASQ Member Gift, they’ve gathered lots of great resources for you from their repository of knowledge, from introductions to the basic elements of change management to detailed case studies, to full e-books and expert videos on how to successfully maneuver the sometimes treacherous waters of change toward desired ends.
Enjoy this gift of resources and save it for your next transition or implementation—because if you’re not going through a change right now, it’s coming.
Your exclusive member gift will be available through July 31, 2016
The Change Management Bundle includes:
Thousands of organizations around the world are transitioning from ISO 9001:2008 to the 2015 version every month. For those of you still planning your transition process, here are lots of resources we hope will make it that much easier for you. Included are articles, case studies, and videos on the transition process to help you ensure a smoother and more value-added move into the new version.
The ISO 9001:2015 Transition Bundle includes:
- Document Control System Compliance Webcast (33 min)
- ISO 9001:2015 for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses Webcasts (40 min)
- 5 ways we can help you prepare (Infographic)
- Standards connection newsletter (Exclusive articles)
Your exclusive member gift will be available through June 30.