The Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer will provide functional leadership for all activities related to Quality Assurance/Quality Control for our CATS product lines, consisting of both domestic and international product lines. The successful candidate will ensure high performance and high availability products that exceed our customer’s quality standards. This is a key position with responsibilities spanning the full product lifecycle. The ideal candidate is an established, self-motivated leader with deep experience and a track record of successfully leading teams and leveraging repeatable processes to deliver high value.
Quality is the responsibility of every team member within the Strato organization. It is the role of this position to align and integrate quality across the organization.
In this role, you will:
• Provide mentorship to support the quality discipline across the entire team
• Evaluate our current-state approach and results, and define and implement innovative approaches to improve quality through the introduction of new technologies, systems, methods and controls
• Lead ongoing process improvement efforts to ensure design, manufacturing and quality methodologies are effective, efficient, standardized and integrated.
Continue reading Senior Quality Assurance Engineer – Piscataway, NJ
In this month’s ASQ Member gift, we share resources around two systemic approaches to quality, past and present – Total Quality Management (TQM) and Integrated Management Systems (IMS.)
- Webcasts on integrated management systems and total quality management
- Complete e-book, Integrated Management Systems
- Complete handbook, Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence, Third Edition
- And much more!
Your exclusive member gift will be available through May 31, 2017.
Are you joining us for this month’s meeting? Register below for our first section meeting of 2017 where we will be discussing Smart Business Processes and the Future of Quality.
ISO 9001:2015 and Risk-Based Thinking
Changes introduced in the 2015 revision were made with the intention of ensuring that ISO 9001 continues to adapt to the changing environments in which organizations operate. One key update everyone is talking about is the emphasis on risk-based thinking.
In this gift ASQ shares lots of resources that will help you better understand and apply risk-based thinking through your ISO 9001:2015 transition and after to the benefit of your customers and organization.
Your exclusive member gift will be available through November 30, 2016.
The ISO 9001:2015 and Risk-Based Thinking bundle includes:
- New Webcast – ISO 9001:2015 – Elevating quality with risk- based thinking (50 minutes)
- Complete E-book – Lean ISO 9001: Adding spark to your ISO 9001 QMS and sustainability to your lean efforts (248 pp) and webcast (54 minutes)
- Eight articles on ISO and risk including – Running a Risk: A process for seeing decisions’ potential risks and adverse effects
- Nine Standards Channel expert videos on ISO 9001 and risk
- And much more!
39th Annual ASQ North Jersey Section “Spring Quality Training Conference” will be held on April 13th 2017.
Proposals will be reviewed by the Committee for relevance, innovation, demonstrated application, and technical content. Priority will be given to new and unique approaches that have resulted in measurable improvements to organizational processes and customer satisfaction. The following is a list of suggested topics; however, you are not limited to the list. Feel free to send proposals in all areas that you feel are relevant to this year’s theme “Quality Takes More Than Luck.”
Some Proposed Focus Areas:
- Leadership (Innovation, Change, Empowerment, Alignment to Goals)
- Auditing (Internal, External, 3rd Party, ISO, 16949, GMP)
- What’s New (Environmental, Regulatory, lessons learned etc.)
- Electronics (J-Standard, testing, inspecting, CEPM)
- FDA Regulated (Pharma, Medical Devices, Lessons Learned, Risk 14971)
- Lean and Six Sigma
Timeline Submit ASAP. The deadline for proposal submissions is September 30th, 2016.
Continue reading Call for Papers!! North New Jersey Spring 2017 Conference
This month’s section meeting will showcases several recent Lean Six Sigma projects, that the speaker facilitated, at local healthcare facilities where Lean Six Sigma Teams made processes faster, better and less expensive, while improving patient outcomes and satisfaction. The presentation will be interactive with comments and questions invited. Continue reading Section Meeting – Manufacturing Engineering Quality
Time and again research shows that one of the key prerequisites to successfully implementing quality programs and practices is buy-in of leadership. As a quality professional/practitioner it is imperative to effectively communicate the impact, risks, and financial costs of poor quality in a way that leadership will understand and be motivated by. From this need were born the concepts of cost of quality/cost of poor quality (CoQ/CoPQ).
In this gift we’ll get you started down the path of understanding and applying the principles and practices around CoQ/CoPQ, to both reveal opportunities for improvement and to better communicate the value and importance of quality, as it impacts the bottom line.
We include video introductions, webcast walkthroughs, articles, case studies, and not one but two completely free e-books on the topic. I know, it’s a lot of great info … our way of continuing to say thank you for being a part of the quality movement!
Your exclusive member gift will be available through August 31.
The Cost of Quality Bundle includes:
• The Cost of Quality (ASQ TV Episode)
• The Executive Guide to Understanding and Implementing Quality Cost Programs (e-book)
• The Hidden Factory (Webcast, 18 min.)
• An Introduction to the Cost of Quality (Webcast, 24 min.)